Chapter 2

I wake up to a banging at my door. The door swings open and Peacekeepers grab me from my bed and drag me down the hall. Now that I'm sitting down I realize the train has stopped moving.

"What?" I ask all the Peacekeepers. I see a woman wearing a pink and gold dress walk in. Her hair is hot pink with golden splotches. She walks over to me while her 6 inch neon heels stab into the floor.

"Did you kill my brother?" She screams at me. Her face seems distorted, but it is just her makeup.

"No, why do you think I would do that?" I throw a question at her, so she will ignore my obvious lie.

"Because he died from poison. I don't know how. No one knows how, but Magnolia is freaking out!"

"Then it's obviously her." I give her a blank face, "who are you anyway?"

"I'm Magenta. I'm going to have to be your mentor for the rest of your life. Don't get any ideas of killing me." Omega was way better than her.

We step out of the train into a white room with two chairs and a curtain separating them. I'm put in one of the chairs and a girl in white cleans me and makes me look beautiful.

After that I meet my stylist, Sapphire. Her skin is dyed blue, along with her hair and her whole body. She places my outfit on the table. It is a tuxedo that is camouflage. That's it. Nothing cool. Then Magnolia joins me. She has a dress that is a literal tree. Leaves sticking out all of the way out.

We run into the meeting area before we ride the chariot. I see all of the others. Nothing really catches my eye, besides District 6. They have black suits with wires lining themselves.

"I'm so sick of my stylist." Magnolia sighs.

"At Least you don't have a psycho." I clap back.

"Yours knows what she's doing. I have an old lady who thinks spraying 101 layers of hairspray will make me look more beautiful." I burst out laughing. Why am I laughing? I just killed someone. The realization hits me. Why did I do that? I'm going insane.

"Get on the Chariot." Magenta says while holding back tears. She's crying about Omega. I killed him.

The gates open and all the chariots start to make their way out. I hear the crowd booming in excitement. I begin to shake, "I can't do this."

"Why did you kill Omega?" Magnolia whispers. Our chariot exits out of the room and into the street. I see all kinds of Capitol lunatics, dressed up like it's Halloween. Magnolia presses her nail into my arm, "answer me."

Omega's words replay in my head. Do you know what you've done? No. But now I do. I endangered Magnolia and myself. We aren't going home. We're not going home. Ever. I'm dying.

In Front of me, the Transportation District glows in yellow flashes.

My palms begin to sweat uncontrollably. I grab my face because I'm about to puke. I lose my balance. I feel myself tilting back so I swing forward. I swing too far forward. I fall into the front. My weight pushes me over the front. I knock my face into the horse's armor. The horse picks up speed pushing me back. I hold onto the side for my life. The horses wreck into the chariot in front. The tributes from District six fall onto me.

The boy's wires begin to spark. The sparks land on Magnolia's hair. The chariot explodes into a fire. Screaming and crying. I jump off the chariot and diving to the side. I dust off the last sparks on my tuxedo. A Capitol guard gets a hose and sprays it directly at Magnolia and District 6.

My head feels like a hundred bricks. Everything is in and out of focus. I put my head to the pavement and close my eyes. The screams from Magnolia tune out.