Chapter 11

A piercing white light wakes me up. I'm in a hospital gown. The room is all white. A doctor comes in to check on my cuts. He reveals patching on my chest. Also lots of gauze on my leg.

"When am I allowed to leave?" I ask the doctor.

"Not now. You are healing." The doctor says. He leaves the room. I step out of the bed and run to the door. I swing it open and run for the exit. A guard throws me into a wall making me fall over. I use my left leg to get me up. I dash for the door again. The same guard takes me down again. I squirm to leave. He drags me back to the doctor.

Hours later I wake back on the hospital bed. I run out again. A guard drags me back. Magnolia.

"NOO! Magnolia!" I wail. Tears explode out of my eyes. Sharp breaths stab my stomach.

"Sawyer." Magenta whispers. No. My arms and legs are tied to the bed. I squirm. Magenta is gonna kill me. "Why did you kill Omega?"

"I didn't kill him!" I stammer.

"Yeah, you did. Magnolia told me. She was scared to tell me that she brought nightlock berries, but at least she didn't kill anyone with them." Magenta utters. Her eyes stare into my soul.

Guards break through the door and grab Magenta. She tries to get free to hurt me, but she is dragged down.

"It's time to go." The doctor says, leading me out to a train. I end up finishing the rest of the Capitol stuff and now heading home.

The train pulls to a halt. The doors swing open. I step out and walk through the gates. District seven all scream and cheer for me. I'm alive. I'm back.

I unlock the home in Victors Valley. A new chapter. Samantha and my parents run up to me. We celebrate the night away.

"Sawyer. I need to tell you something." Samantha says with worry in her voice.

"Sure. Let's go outside." I say. We go outside on the steps.

"I think the Capitol was trying to kill you, because of the reaping and Omega."

"What?"

"Ivy told me that. Her father is friends with the mayor. You started an uprising in two different districts. One being her and one in twelve. You're the next mockingjay."

No. I can't be. What if Samantha dies because of me? What if I'm the reason for so many deaths? I can't lose them, but whatever it takes to destroy the live-streamed death of young teens. The Capitol needs to be removed for good. I'll be the next mockingjay. I'll come from the ashes and burn like a phoenix.

THE END OF BOOK ONE