Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Undoubtedly, the high pitched, excited squealing of the two sisters could be heard all throughout the Asturia stronghold. Before Odanth could even manage to put all four legs on the ground, Corliss was unbuckling her harness and jumping off, racing toward Bridget as she threw open the doors. It felt like it had been so long since she saw her sister and always missed her whenever they were apart. But now with the plan of spending the next few weeks in Asturia with her, she would get all the time she wanted with her.

"You made it here so quick!" Bridget said excitedly, holding Corliss in a hug so tight she could barely breathe. "But why wouldn't you want to when it's me you're coming to visit."

"So humble, aren't you?" Corliss laughed, pinching her sides. "Truth be told, the boys decided it would be a good idea to race here."

"Are we talking about the males or the dragons?"

"Meron, Gaven, and Ruvyn, of course," she snorted.

"And who won?"

"She did," Meron grumbled as he finally stepped up behind them. "Said she wasn't going to be apart of it, then she and Odanth called go without any warning. The cheater."

Corliss's laughter rang out across the courtyard, especially when Gaven and Ruvyn finally made it off their dragons, Cordova and Ion. "You have to be prepared."

"To be left in the clouds by someone who made up the rules?" Gaven asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Ruvyn copied the stance. "Not to mention one who thought hiding in those clouds would be fair, too."

"Sore losers, the three of them," Bridget laughed, looping her arm through hers and steering her toward the front steps.

"Where's Alberich?" Corliss asked as the three males still grumbled as they trailed behind them.

Her sister nodded toward the front door. "Inside with Drue since he's here, too. Annoying the hell out of me just like he always does...and trying to impress a new female friend he met when in town a few months ago. They've had an on again off again...relationship, I guess you can call it. Her name is Jules. She's half-Fae, works at one of the taverns on the outskirts of the city. So far, I love her. Don't know why she wants to put up with Drue, though most of the time she doesn't. She's more mean to him than I am and it's fabulous."

As they began their ascent toward the opening front door, she could already hear the bickering from inside. A low chuckle accompanied the male and female voices, watching the volley of words go back and forth.

"How have you put up with your brother for this long? I would have tried to off him before he became of age!"

"He got the opportunity to know me as a child when I was my cute little self. Still am, too."

A snort of laughter. "Oh, I wouldn't say that. A giant pain in my ass is more like it."

"And yet you can't get enough of me."

"Unfortunately, you've seemed to adhere yourself to my side whenever you're in Asturia. Alberich, a little help?"

"You're the one who decided to...make friends...with him, Jules. You're out of luck."

There was a grumble of protest followed by the sound of a smacking kiss on the cheek just as Corliss and Bridget turned the corner of the front sitting room. Alberich immediately grinned at Corliss, leaving behind his brother and the new female as he went to scoop her up to hug her tight.