Chapter 19

Pete's POV:

I went into Patricks room and I couldn't help but let a few tears slip my eyes. I knew I wasn't supposed to care so much about my patients but I just couldn't help it. It was like the moment I saw him he robbed me of my heart and just never returned it.

I knew I shouldn't fall in love with my patients but I can't help it. Whenever I see him I feel butterflies swirling around in my stomach. Whenever he feels bad I feel it too. I know he's a patient and I know he isn't sane but deep down there is still a normal, happy, loveable boy. He looks so cute with his strawberry blond hair and his side burns and his awefull caps he wears. But I can't love him. That wouldn't be right.

I sat on the side of Patricks bed I layed my hand on his cheek and carressed it with my thumb. He started stirring a bit but he layed still soon after. I looked down at his neck and I saw the bruise. It was black and purple and my heart ached.

How am I going to tell him he has to see his parents killer. How is he going to react.

Patrick started to mumble some words and he started stirring again. Tears slipped out of his eyes who were still tightly shut. He started to writh and trash and he screamed.

'Patrick!! Patrick wake up. Come on now. Wake up' I desperatly yelled as I shook him by his shoulders.

His eyes darted open and locked with mine. As soon as he saw me he relaxed and layed down.

'Sorry' he mumbled.

'Dont say sorry'

He looked at me and he wanted to say something but he didnt.

'W-whats wrong P-pete?' He asked worried.

Was I going to tell him? Should I tell him. What if he's going to freak out. What if....

'P-pete, you're scaring me, w-whats wrong' he asked again.

I looked at him and I grabbed his hands.

'Uh the police called and they want you to pick him out from a line up' I said very rushed. He pulled his hands away from me and crawled back on his bed and made himself as small as possible.

'I-i dont w-want to see h-him' he stuttered almost crying.

'I know Tricky, I know but after this he will be locked away and you wont see him ever again' I said as I sat next to him against the wall.

'N-no, n-no I can't. W-what if he k-kills me?'

'He can't hurt you anymore Tricky. He's behind glass and he wont see you. I'll go with you Tricky. Joe can come too if you want?'

'He r-really can't h-hurt me?' He asked softly as he looked back up to me with his blue/green watery eyes.

'No Trick, he can't hurt you and you wont have to see him ever again, I promise' I promised him.

'O-okay I'll d-do it' he softly said almost in a whisper.

I engluved him in a hug and he let me. I guided him to lay down on my lap and he did. I brushed my fingers through his hair and I felt him calm down.

'It's going to be okay Trick, it's going to be okay' I assured him but he was already asleep.

I softly got his head of my lap and layed him down carefully. I covered him up and I left the room. I went to the reception and called the police.

~~~~~~

The police told me we had to come at 4 in the afternoon so Patrick could identify him. I went to Joe and found him strumming his guitar and singing softly. He didnt notice I entered the room and listened till he finished. He looked up from his guitar and I started clapping.

He got startled and let out a small scream.

'You scared me there Pete, you ass' he laughed.

'Sorry but that was really good Joe!' I laughed but I really meant it.

'Thank you' he blushed.

'Joe Patrick has to go to the police station at 4 and I was wondering if you wanted to go with us to support him you know'

'Ofcourse, anything for Patrick' he immidiatly said and smiled.

I told Joe I would pick him up at four and left.