Chapter 2: In the alleys of the hybrid's galaxy

(Warning: This chapter contains some bad words)
The 17th of July 2763—a day impossible toforget. Raindrops fell gently on my ear, gradually intensifying until I had nochoice but to wake up. Mother Nature seemed to say, "Enough sleep, motherfucker."I ventured out, unaccustomed to such precipitation. As I walked, I realized Ihadn't eaten in two days. I would have to resort to stealing to satisfy myhunger. Thus, I made my way to the market, hunting for prey. Along the way, therain ceased, and children emerged, gleefully playing in the mud—innocenceuntouched by the world's impending ferry. Further ahead, I witnessed two men inan alley engaging in illicit trade—exchanging weed and drugs. Could you blamethem? Life in this wretched existence would push anyone to the limit. Survivalhalted not due to a lack of money but rather a scarcity of food itself.Everyone here had lost someone dear. See that hocker over there? She was mychildhood friend, an innocent child of seven when her father and older brotherwere coerced into joining the Army in pursuit of the promised Paradise.Whenever I recall that excuse, I can't help but laugh—a war that spanned 500years, and yet we persisted. Weeks later, a letter arrived, delivering the newsof her brother's and father's deaths. These heartless bastards wasted no timein reducing the family's monthly allowance. Nevertheless, her mother remainedresilient, pouring her heart into raising her only remaining daughter. Alas,when the daughter turned nine, her mother passed away, and soon after, shefollowed suit. In this cruel world, what can a nine-year-old do? Helplessnessgripped her, with no aid forthcoming, not even from relatives. Countless otherssuffered a similar fate. As for me, I lost my father in the war for theneo-Galaxy, resorting to thievery to survive. Finally, the market came intoview, and thank goodness, there was food. A merchant displayed a small pile ofapples. I pounced like a falcon seizing its prey. As I ran, I heard him shout,"Guards!" Panic engulfed me. I needed to escape. Scanning mysurroundings, a clear path presented itself. Time to put my training intopractice. I vaulted over a passing peddler's cart. I heard it collide withsomething, but I continued, the boots of two pursuers echoing behind me—therace was on. Scaling a ladder, I found myself on the roof of a house, leapingfrom one rooftop to another. Initially, they followed, but their pursuit wanedas I made a daring leap, turning to them with a victorious declaration:"Take that, losers!" Their enraged expressions were priceless. Theday's objective achieved, I ventured towards the affluent neighborhood, seekingrefuge amidst the bushes in one of the wealthy homeowners' gardens. Throughtheir window, I peered inside, joining them in watching television. We shared alaugh until a luminous yellow figure materialized on the screen. His presencewas formidable, instinctively evoking a sense of caution. In a chilling voice,he began to speak, questioning the futility and meaninglessness of the past 500years of warfare. He had a valid point—couldn't we have shared the riches ofGalaxy 17? Even a toddler could comprehend that. He lamented the sacrificesmade to improve our lives, only to witness deterioration. His disappointment inour actions and accomplishments resounded. With a profound silence engulfingthe air, he raised his right hand, triggering a surge of fear that paralyzedme. I couldn't move as the luminous yellow being snapped his fingers.