Chapter 9: A battle of wills

(Valthragor speaking)On the 24th of July 2763, at 7:55 AM, Lorenzo and I found ourselves once again teleported to the Grand Colosseum. Excitement crackled in the air as we took our seats, eagerly awaiting the start of the match. I looked at Lorenzo and said: 

"The health care here is really on another level! I didn't expect I would be in my full power during My next fight not speaking of me being fully recovering in less than an hour and being able to watch this fight. I have to say your doctors are something else from what I have ever seen in my entire life. A combination of Magic, technology, herbs, and knowledge was able to heal wounds that would've been fatal in the eyes of any doctor in the 16 galaxies. Yet, I can't help but think that's a mix of the ways of all of the races."

- "Sharp insight as always master." Replied Lorenzo "You are right"

- "Is this what we could've reached if we were one nation? If we helped each other? If we didn't look at each other's mountains of corpses with gloating smiles on our faces like if we hadn't similar corpses' mountains as well."

- "Yes... That's a right guess as well. If you weren't to fight for centuries every kind's medicine would mix to be this advanced."

- "Yet here we are fighting to finish wars that destroyed many opportunities for growth and prosperity. Regardless, this is the only way to solve such a misery."

- "Maybe"

- "Do you think there would be another way to solve the matter?"

- "I am not sure if I can answer your question though the human champion Phoenix seems to see another way"

- "That naïve thought of his is nothing but a beautiful dream. An aspiration that we wish to come true. Nevertheless, dreams are nothing but dreams and in this corrupted reality there is no space for such dreams in this corrupted world."

- "Yet, every big achievement starts from a dream that was too big for its world"

- "Nevertheless, not every dream as such ends up becoming a big achievement. What fuels dreams to reach such levels is determination. Without it, there is no hope in the dream ever touching reality. Regardless, if that human means what he said he is either too naïve or a person to be feared."

- "Would you fear a mere human?"

- "If he's determent then yes. Determination is another name for power. Let's take the angel for example. If Celestia was more focused and determent to win along with her being less arrogant I would've lost. Instead, she surrendered to pain and exhaustion during the last moments which gave me my win. Despite her having an advantage over me with her ability Mirror rhapsody. Being able to access the mirror world and attacking from it is a frightening ability even with a time limiter. Regardless, thanks to my superpower legacy of the fallen now I can use Mirror Rhapsody. It is really useful. Its only downsides are that I need to defeat any opponent to take his power meaning I have to exploit the weakness of power first and show it to my opponents so I need to be creative when I use their powers. Add to that I can only hold one power at a time and if I let one go, I can't have it again. Plus I have to fight the first battle powerless"

- "Yet, being the strongest race, it is expected that you have such limiting ability."

- "It will come in handy later, I am sure"Soon enough, at 8:00 AM, just like always Mike appeared Mike, as he began his introduction. "Hello and welcome again to the Galaxies' Last Stand Tournament. Did you miss me?"

The Colosseum erupted with enthusiastic cheers: "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

"I missed you too," Mike exclaimed with infectious energy. "Today, we have an enthralling match for you. Today's battle will be a very interesting one. On one side we have the mysterious nightmare. If this guy was after you, he will haunt you to the edge of the Universe, and even in your sleep, you won't be able to rest since he'll wait for you in your nightmares. With his 198cm of height and 135 kg of weight this guy has spread far and despair everywhere he went. Joining us today from the planet Zoranth from the demon's galaxy. Say HELLOOO to the Shadow master, the Demon king, Mr. Mistopholes Dunkelheit"