Chapter 10: Shattered Ice, Splattered Blood

(Gepard- the hybrid from chapter 2 -speaking)

(contain some swearing)

On the 25th of July 2763, at 7:55 AM, Lorenzo and I found ourselves once again teleported to the Grand Colosseum. Just like every time, this instant teleportation shit makes me feel dizzy! I looked at Donatello and said:

"I'll never get used to this."

"It's okay, Master. This effect is due to your senses being way too sharp. They can detect the transportation spell before its activation, and this dizziness is your body's reaction to that," replied Donatello with confidence.

"Are you going to repeat that to me every time I tell you I felt dizzy?"

"Correct!"

"Very well!"

"Thank you, Master!"

"I was being sarcastic! Anyway, do you remember the demon champion from yesterday? Do you think I have a chance against him?"

"Well, depending on how he uses his power, I believe you'd have about a 40% chance if your power remains a secret, 15% at best if he discovers it during the match, and 5% if it happens before that."

"I think you are underestimating his ability! That guy was testing his ability last time! If it weren't for my ability, I could never tell he used it."

"But thanks to that, you won't fall for his games."

"His ability isn't everything he has. He made sure to play his cards carefully. We don't know any of his limits; he didn't use his max strength nor his max speed or magic, and that scares me because even though he might look cornered, guys like him always have a fu****g trump card hidden up their sleeves, ready to use once things get complicated."

"Language, Master! You need to be respectful in your match in two days! You don't want to be a bad influence for kids all around the 16 galaxies now, do you?"

"I know, I know! But the thought of this Motherf***er just frustrates me!"

"That would be a part of his plan! For you to overestimate him and his actions: believe it or not, overestimating someone is as dangerous as underestimating him! Besides, I believe it is too early to be anxious about fighting him. He might even lose to the winner of today. And don't forget you are going to have to fight your own fights before that battle, so you'd better focus more on the upcoming one. Oh my!" said Donatello as he looked at his pocket watch, "I got carried away by talking and didn't notice time slipping away. It's almost time for the match to begin, shall we?"

I nodded while looking at Mike, rising to start his introduction for the match.

Soon enough, at 8:00 AM, just like always, Mike appeared. "Hello and welcome again to the Galaxies' Last Stand Tournament. Did you miss me?"

The Colosseum erupted with enthusiastic cheers: "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

"I missed you too," Mike exclaimed with infectious energy. "Today, we have an enthralling match for you. Today's battle will be one of a kind indeed. Today's battle will reunite two of the most different races: on one side, we have the fairies, the smallest of the races, and on the other side, we have the giants, the biggest race behind the dragons. These two races, despite their differences, have had a long history of alliances. Would that affect the turning of events in this battle? Why should we waste energy and wonder when we can just watch the battle with our own eyes? SO PLEASE TELL ME, ARE YOU READY?!"

The colosseum erupted with screams of excitement: "YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!"

"Then without further ado, let's introduce our fighters! On one side, we have a quite intriguing participant. With his humongous power and extraordinary skills, he has cut through victory many times. Yet what's really interesting about this guy is his nickname: 'the Coward Hercules'. What does that mean? Is he just a coward with immense power? If he really was a coward, how did he manage to emerge victorious this many times? Ladies and Gentlemen, please hold on and find out on your own. With his 325 cm of height and 370 kg of weight, this guy will carry out his race in this battle. Joining us today from the planet Serpens in the Giants' galaxy, please welcome the Giants' representative, the Giants' finest soldier, Mr. Achileos!"