Chapter 4: A clash between Titans

(Raphael speaking)

On the 20th of July 2763, the day of the tournament finally arrived. Two days earlier, the entity revealed the matchups. Master Phoenix and I were shocked to learn that he would fight against the Vikings on the first day. However, Master Phoenix quickly redirected that shock to building his strategies. At 07:45, Phoenix was transferred to his waiting room before making his entry, while I was transferred to the Cavea.

The arena area was essentially a colosseum, rising proudly amidst the sprawling landscape. This magnificent structure commanded attention and left onlookers in awe. Its size surpassed even the mighty Roman Colosseum, reaching unprecedented proportions that stretched far and wide. The outer walls, constructed with flawless precision, stood tall and imposing, adorned with intricate carvings and embellishments depicting heroic tales and ancient legends. The sheer scale of the edifice evoked a sense of wonder and reverence as if paying homage to the very essence of power itself.

The seating arrangement within the colossal structure was a marvel in itself. Tier upon tier of opulent seats, adorned with luxurious fabrics and intricate designs, curved gracefully along the circumference of the arena. Each seat offered an unobstructed view of the sprawling stage, ensuring that every spectator felt intimately connected to the grandeur unfolding before their eyes.

The centerpiece of this majestic colosseum was a towering stage that surpassed all expectations. Its dimensions were awe-inspiring, stretching far beyond what the eye could perceive. Elaborate architecture and exquisite detailing adorned every inch of the stage, reflecting the power and prestige of the events that would transpire within its confines. From the intricately carved pillars to the dazzling array of colors and textures, every aspect exuded an aura of magnificence.

Everyone, including myself, was teleported to the Cavea at the same time, except for the two fighters. The identities of the contestants were still kept secret from one another by not allowing them to move freely like the AIs. The entity sat on a humongous golden throne on the other side of the Colosseum, emanating an aura of majesty and power. As we waited for the match to begin, Michael came and sat next to me, and we started chatting. I said to him:

-"Seems like you're the Viking assistant. Am I right?"

-"Don't you say! Of course, I am the Viking assistant! What else could I be with this huge body and long brown beard!"

-"All right, man, don't get mad! So, tell me, whose face does this belong to?"

-"Well, that's a story worth telling! When I materialized in front of the Viking's representative, he shouted, 'AXEL! IS THAT REALLY YOU? I can't believe my eyes.' And before I had the slightest chance to explain the truth, he rushed to hug me and started crying..."

-"A VIKING?! CRYING?!"

-"Yes, my friend, I was as shocked as you are right now. Seeing a crying Viking isn't something you witness every day. Later, I learned that I resembled his beloved deceased brother, and his death was a real tragedy for him."

-"I see! Well, if a hug is the first thing you receive, you should consider yourself lucky. When I materialized, I was greeted with a gun pointed at me."

-"Really? Tell me what happened! What did the human do?"

-"Well, it seems this face belongs to his well-beloved friend, James, but he's long dead. So, he freaked out and activated the white room's ability to manifest a gun between his hands."

-"Wait, how did he know?"

-"He didn't. It was his reflexes that kicked in. In addition to that, he knows things he's not supposed to know."