Chapter 3: In the white rooms

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, I found myself transported into a vast expanse of a pristine white room. It took a moment for my mind to grasp the bewildering shift, but soon I began to survey my surroundings. The room encompassed walls composed of numerous uniform white squares, each measuring 30 by 30 centimeters. Its dimensions spanned an impressive 3 meters in length, width, and height. Seated upon a white bed, my attention was drawn to a colossal black screen positioned directly before me. Upon this enigmatic display, the familiar yellow entity emerged once again, its voice resonating with authority.

"I no longer wish to witness the purposeless loss of life," the entity proclaimed. "Henceforth, the wars shall cease, making way for an extraordinary tournament. I have carefully selected 16 contenders, one representative from each Galaxy. They will engage in combat to determine the destiny of their people. The victorious fighter shall grant their Galaxy the privilege of surviving within the 17th Galaxy, while the remaining contenders shall face annihilation. However, to ensure fairness, each fighter will be granted the opportunity to choose a single superpower. Nevertheless, this power must be tempered with a justifiable drawback. Three days of respite and preparation shall be granted, but once the tournament commences, the powers bestowed upon the fighters shall remain fixed. Lastly, starting now until the conclusion of the tournament, I shall provide sustenance to every living being in the 16 galaxies. As for the fighters, you will find all the necessary information within The Guiding Paper. Good luck to all in this final act of the comedy."

Abruptly, the television screen powered down, leaving me momentarily bewildered. Glancing down upon the bed, my gaze settled upon a vivid crimson paper that materialized before me. Curiosity compelled me to retrieve the document and delve into its contents. The words inscribed upon it revealed the following regulations:

· The Tournament shall commence on the 20th of July 2763, with one fight taking place per day.

· You possess the liberty to forge your own unique superpower, provided that it adheres to a balanced equation of strengths and weaknesses. Should the equilibrium of power and drawback not align, the system shall indicate the discrepancy and offer recommendations to meet the required criteria.

· Powers involving reality manipulation, time manipulation, and mind control are strictly prohibited.

· Your powers may only be wielded within the confines of the White Rooms, the Black Rooms, and the arena. Employing your abilities to target the Entity, Escape the Room, or communicate with individuals outside of the tournament boundaries is forbidden.

· The nature of your superpower shall remain unaltered once the tournament commences. However, the record of your abilities shall persist during the teleportation from the White Rooms to the arena.

· All matches shall be broadcasted across the 16 galaxies, streaming for all to witness.

· Feel free to pose inquiries regarding the tournament, the formulation of your superpower, or accessing the Black Rooms. Simply state aloud with clarity: "Manifest Rafael."

After finishing reading, I realized that the text was written in a language I know, but I could only comprehend the information to a certain extent. I laid down in bed, contemplating and analyzing everything I had learned so far. The amount of new data was overwhelming. I decided to start with what I already knew.