Chapter 32: Tell Me

"W-What?"

It's true that getting lied at is probably one of the most heart breaking things; however it's much more painful if the person who betrayed you is the one you trusted the most. Sakura couldn't bear it anymore. Surrrounded with lies, frauds, she just didn't know who to believe.

"Sakura, don't listen to him," Naruto placed a hand on her shoulder, uneasiness written on his face. "Come on, I'll take you home-"

"Oh, my apologies. Naruto, haven't you told her about Sasuke's fixed marriage? You know about it, right? Minato is aware about it, and I'm sure he told you." Fugaku interrupts while chuckling.

The blond gritted his teeth while looking at the Uchiha but soon after, his attention was on Sakura, who only slapped his hand away from her shoulder, much to his surprise. She faced him with tears still in her eyes while her fists were tightly shut.

"Naruto..." Her lips trembled as she called his name. Mustering all the courage left, she asked, "I... Is this true?" Her voice broke while staring into the blond's cerulean eyes which showed fear.

Naruto was taken aback and his eyes widened for a second before shaking his head vigorously, "Don't tell me you believe him? Sakura, if I really knew something about Sasuke, I would have told you!" He held her by the shoulders. "I hate seeing your tears, so why would I lie to you?"

"That's not the answer I'm asking for," she shook her head lightly. In her pheriperal view, she saw Fugaku with crossed arms, obviously enjoying the scene. "All I want is a direct answer."

"Too bad, he can't give you what you're asking for, Sakura." The Uchiha intervened for the second time. "He's been lying to you for a couple of months now."

"Shut up!" The younger male shouted, anger evident on his face. "Why the fuck would I not tell-"

"Naruto!" The blond's rage was stopped when the emerald-eyed lady raised her voice. "If that's not true, then tell me directly! Tell me that you didn't know about Sasuke's fixed marriage, tell me that you don't know anything about this!" Sakura wiped her tears away. "Just tell me. I'll believe you. I'll believe whatever you'll say." Her voice turned soft as well as her gaze.

Silence lingered between them. Naruto hung his head low while placing his hands down; clenching them in a tight manner. "It's true, Sakura. I knew about Sasuke's marriage."

The pinkette looked up to stop another set of tears from falling. The moment Naruto said those words, it felt as if the world stopped. All this time, she's had faith in him; believing him, telling herself that Naruto is probably the only person who will always stay by her side when everyone else completely shuts her out.

But he lied.

He's just like everybody else...

Fugaku silently walked away from the two, wordless yet seemingly satisfied of what happened. On the other hand, Naruto expected a slap, however no hand came in contact with his face. When he shot his head up, he saw Sakura attempting to leave. Quickly, he grabbed her arm to stop her from walking away.

"I'm so so so sorry, Sakura, I don't-"

"Please let go of me," she stated without facing him. "You've been good to me and I have only a tiny amount of respect left for you because of that. Even if I wanted to hurt you physically, I can't. Now, just let me go." She broke free from Naruto's grasp and disappeared from his sight.

Naruto felt his chest tightened. Yes, it's true; he knows about the fixed marriage. He had always known about it even before Sasuke left. As the Uzumaki heir, of course he learned every detail regarding their clain and business--and that includes traditions and rules. Since Karin shares the same bloodline as him, Minato was informed about their arranged marriage, and he ended up telling his son about it.