Pool Party

type: fluffy angst

parts: 1/1

ship: drunz 😊

plot: soo its in the name but dream goes to the pool with a punz(and his friends) but he doesn't really know how to swim, so he hangs out outside of the pool but punz invited him, dream not knowing what to do, panics. ;-)

so basically; this is kinda written of my own experiences. i take swimming classes but and i kinda can swim but i can't tread water easily. i love swimming but deep waters scare me :P

TW: implied mentions of drowning (and drowning) if you're sensitive to this stuff, you can leave or skip to the end :)  

enjoy!!

--

Dream adjusted his swimming shirt and made sure his trunks covered a respectable part of his legs. His goggled hung limply by his neck, unused. He lay back onto the pool chair and tried to block the sun out of his eyes. 

"DREAMMM!!" Sapnap screamed out, splashing in the pool nearby Dream. "GEORGE IS TRYING TO DROWN MEE!!"

"AM NOT. DREAM, HE'S LYINGGGG!!" George yelled back, diving under the water to escape Sapnap.

Dream sighed, wiping off the water that Sapnap and George splashed on him. He rolled over, moving as far as he could from the water. He could hear the shouts of joy and laughter radiating from the pool where all his friends were swimming. He almost regretted taking his friends for a vacation at the pool but when he cracked his eyes open and found Quackity showing off how fast he could swim to Karl, Tommy and Tubbo having a contest on who could hold their breath longer underwater with Ranboo held up by Philza floating over them, Techno and Wilbur bickering on the water slide and George and Sapnap racing, Dream smiled and his regret faded away. If his friends were having fun, in his heart, he was too.

But that didn't stop Dream feeling the tiniest, littlest amount of melancholy of being left out. 

He closed his eyes and sighed again, contemplating whether to join his friends or just stay where he was. 

It wasn't like Dream didn't know how to swim, in fact, he could swim quite fast in the shallow end. But when Dream couldn't reach the floor in the deep end and the nauseating feeling if he stopped kicking, he would slowly sink down, he preferred to keep his distance away from the deep end. Especially when he looks under the water with his goggles, he would rather climb the top of Mt. Everest then dive down there.

The blonde watched Sapnap throw two rings into the far end and George dive down to retrieve them. He gazed intently at the multicolored moving spot where George was and shivered. When George didn't appear after a few moments, Dream's heart dropped. He almost shot up to help George when the brunette resurfaced, panting but grinning, holding up the two rings Sapnap had tossed. Sapnap laughed and swam to George to give him a high-five. Dream's heart returned to beating normally as he exhaled in relief. The blonde's gaze swapped to other members, observing attentively.

"Don't you want to join in?" A smooth deep voice startled Dream.

"O-oh. Punz." Dream greeted the smiling merchant, not answering his question.

Punz sipped the tropical drink held gingerly in his hand. He gazed at Dream for a few seconds before crouching down to Dream's level, sitting quietly beside him.

Dream glanced at Punz before returning to his original position, his head resting on the tip of the chair.

"Aren't you gonna go?" Dream asked, not meeting Punz's eyes.

Punz chuckled deeply. "I believe I asked you first." He watched Dream for a reaction. After a pause, he continued. "All of us have to thank you. We haven't had a vacation in so long. It certainly was a surprise when you first proposed the idea, but I'm glad you did." Punz smiled gently.