Broken Trust, Now and Forever.

Type: Angst bitches!

Ship: Dreambur

Plot: Dream and Wil were dating but it got shaky and hard and they had to break up when L'manburg got serious and Wil decided he loved his country more than anything.

Parts: 1/?  (more parts coming up!)

Not Canon, no war!

--

"Wilbur?"

"Yeah, Dream?"

"You'll never leave me, right?"

"Of course not! You are my night and day, the moon and the sun, you're everything to me, you are the most important person in my life, now and always."

"Really? You promise?"

"Yes, I promise! When I was younger, I never believed I'd find a love like you. As hard as I try, mere words really aren't enough to express how I feel about you."

"I love you. Now and forever."

"Now and forever."

Heavy pants escaped through Dream's lungs. It's getting hard to breathe, why is this happening?

Just focus.

In

And

Out

Inhale,

Exhale.

Repeat.

What's going on? Why was Dream's vision dimming? Why was his heart breaking into pieces? Why was he running, so far and not a sense where he was going? Why did he stand there pathetically and cry himself to sleep, why was he doing nothing?

WHY?

It's for your own good, your country, your brother and your family. Wilbur told himself. But isn't Dream your family? Didn't you promise him to never leave him? You're a liar.

This tragedy started on a normal, windy day. But weather cannot always be predicted, and it is the same way with people. Such a nice day, only to be ruined severely with an unexpected twist.

There's always a twist, isn't there, dear reader?

When Dream asked for Tommy's disc's, Wilbur sidestepped Tommy and spoke curtly to Dream.

"I shall not allow my brother to give away such an important item dear to his heart." Wilbur said, his tone calm but angry.

Dream eyes widened for a second and twitched in annoyance. "Oh, please, Wilbur Soot, it's just some disc's. Get over it."

"Shut up, WasTaken. You don't know anything."

"I don't, do I?

"How could you take away the disc's? Why can't you give independence alone? Why must it be so difficult?"

"Why are you so stubborn!" Dream yelled, losing his temper.

"Why are you so stupid!? How did you become my lover?!" Wilbur spat out fiercely.

Tommy gasped and Dream went silent. Wilbur went on ranting, finally, he realized what he said.

"Wait, my love. No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!" Wilbur's eyes watered and clutched his shirt. His mouth forced into a frown and the gloomy effect of sadness hung around him.

"No...you're right. It's okay. I know." Dream said. He looked down, clenched his fists and bared his teeth angrily.

"No, I'm sorry, love! I didn't mean to, I promise-"

"That's all you do!" Dream interrupted, his face contorted with rage and hurt. His breaths were getting more shallow and shallow, his lips were curled up and his eyes filled with flames of anger. "All you do is promise, and promise! Tell me, tell me ONE time you've kept it! Just once, tell me one time you've kept your promise!"

Wilbur kept silent and glanced at Tommy, whose mouth was hanging open. The duo felt shocked and were surprised at this side of Dream they had never seen.

"Dream-"

"No! I'm tired! I'm tired of all your shitty little lies, all the broken promises, everything!" Tears streamed down the blonde's face, he seemed to be more crying than yelling now. "I'm stupid! Fine! You were stupid enough to date ME, out of all people! Me! Now look where we are."

"Dear pleas-"

"Wilbur..." Dream said softly, he looked at the brunette with enough sadness to break anybody's heart. "Wilbur I think we need to break up." he whispered.

And that broke the blonde more than the brunette. His heart was split into a million different pieces. He stumbled back one, two, tree steps before bolting.

"DREAM! STOP, PLEASE!"

But Dream didn't stop, he kept running, not knowing where he was headed, only to get away from Wilbur.

Wilbur.

They made a promise didn't they? It feels like a decade ago...so long, yet not long.

What was the promise again? Dream can't remember...something about...love?

Now and forever.

A broken promise.

A hole in the heart never to heal.

Something lost forever.

Dream's run turned into a jog, then into a speed walk, then into a normally walk, finally, he stopped. The blonde looked up to the stormy sun and let out a muffled sob before falling onto the ground and crying himself to sleep. A great dark globe of sadness hung around Dream and wasn't lifting, the sun melted into darkness and night took its place. The yellowish moon shone moonlight on every surface possible. It was bright, yet so dark. Dream hiccupped and tightened his fists. He longed to go and beg Wilbur and apologize for losing his temper, but one part of him mind firmly said no. This wasn't his fault, it was Wilbur's. Not Dream. Wilbur was the one who chose his country over his lover. Dream would've gave anything for Wilbur and fought anything for him, Wilbur had held the most trust in his life; but now that trust is broken. Dream would have died for Wilbur, but now Dream realized, Wilbur was the one who killed him.

--

Word count- 858

hey hey ;)

part two coming soon!

stay tuned for that,

-Ideax