9: Time Vault

POV: Alex

After trying to stop Bob from hurting himself, I went and talked to Barry and anyone else that could possibly free Bob, not to help him, but to stop him. You see, I know my crazy friend, and I know that the moment he gets that mask off, he will shout Shazam and that bolt of lightning will tear through everything above us and give away our location. So for now, his mask has to stay on. I started looking for guns, or just anything I could use to shoot my way back to my sister. But someone found me.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and saw Sara coming down some stairs.

"Looking for a gun... or knife-- anything. Ok, I don't care how many Sturmtigers they have out there. I'm gonna go save Kara, with or without the help of these people." I said.

"No you're not."

"I'm a government agent certified in over 30 military weapons." I said, not backing down.

"And you're impressive, I'll give you that. But you still can't fight your way through an army of Nazis alone and scared." She continued.

"I'm not scared."

"No, not for you. For your sister."

I took a breath, thinking of Kara of course.

"I should've done more. I mean if I hadn't gotten so... distracted." I said as I gestured to her.

"Well, sorry to be a distraction." Sara responded as a slight blush grew.

"You don't understand. I can't lose her."

"I understand more than you think."

Oh, shit.

"I lost my sister." Sara continued, I could hear her voice cracking, "The anger and guilt that I felt for not being able to save her took me down a dark path."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"How could you? I mean, the only thing we know about each other is... what we look like with clothes off. Beautiful, by the way." Sara said.

My blush grew as I remembered what happened after the rehearsal dinner.

"You also don't know that I protect my team, and you, Danvers, you're on my team. And I promise you, we're not gonna let what happened to my sister happen to yours." She continued.

"I'm sorry. I just want to-- I want to save Kara, and I want to get back to Maggie."

"Maggie is?"

"Complicated."

"Yeah. I had a Maggie too. And I think about going back to her... all the time." Sara said. "Look, Alex. You seem like a pretty thoughtful person. And if you thought it wasn't gonna work out and had to end it. I'm sure that reason was valid. Trust your instincts."

Sara walked away after that. Trust your instincts. Trust your instincts. I began to think about that, about my instincts. And for some reason, my mind went straight to Sam. About all the times we talked and hung out. About how Ruby and I bonded, especially after I broke my leg. A small smile grew as I thought about the two of them. Then I saw disaster again.

Bob was walking by, back to his little table, but this time, he had a chainsaw.

Shit, this idiot is going to kill himself.

I raced over to him, as I ran, I saw Leo walking into a room after Ray.

"Ray, please, let's talk to him." Is all I heard from Leo as I ran by.