CHAPTER 9

Dear Lady Evanora Esmeray,

I hope you are doing well, I heard you have been suffering through amnesia. I hope you are in good health now. I was really happy to get your letter, we don't want to lose any talented magicians so I would be more than glad to have you back at the tower. But unfortunately the magician you were under took new students after you left. So after you visit the tower once again, you might be under a different magician. As you will be completing your last year here at tower the best of the best Magicians will be waiting to take you under their wing, so you don't have to worry about anything.

As you were suffering through amnesia, I suggested a few books you could read. As your knowledge might not be with you, those books might help you recover some of the memories. They are mostly about the history of magic, mana, non verbal spells and a few other stuff. As you haven't practised magic in a long time, you can read them. There won't be a problem if you don't, your assigned teacher will explain it and get you along. New students will be attending from next week so I hope to see you there Miss Esmeray.

Regards
Head of the tower of magic
Marquess Zaven Reamann.

The tower of magic had one important rule which was for the students and the magicians. The teaching magicians can choose as many students as they want, but the person who chooses will be the person who will teach those students until they finish their years of studies in the tower. The students became the disciple of that magican only.

The person who was my teacher chose me when I first joined, chose a different student after I left the tower, so for the last year I needed to be chosen by another magician. The magician chooses the students judging them by the mana. Mana can be judged about what types of magic can be used best in and they join that specific magicians department.

I turned around and looked for the nearby maid as I just told Emily to leave.

"You over there," I called one of the maids.

"Yes Milady?" she asked bowing.

"Can you get me some chocolate cake and some chocolate macarons?" I asked, smiling widely. The maid just stared at me with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I tilted my head.

"My lady...that..I thought you hated chocolate." she said.

"Oh, I..um..I just don't hate it anymore...so yeah can you get me some chocolate cake?" I asked. What type of person was Evanora to hate chocolate? Jeez why did I get reincarnated into a chocolate hater's body. Curse you!

"Is something still wrong?" I asked as I saw the girl still staring at me.

"It's...just...my lady...was smiling." she said as she looked up at me.

"Oh I just got the letter from the tower so I am really happy. I guess anyone would be happy when they get their letter from the tower of magic, right?" I asked, smiling as the girl nodded her head.

"Of course! I will get you the cake and macarons immediately." She said as she walked away.

"What was your name again?" I asked as I reopened my book.

"Veri, my lady." she said as I just smiled at her.

"I will make sure to remember," I said with my words giving off double meaning, but I didn't mind it.

I saw Veri came back with the tray filled with sweets. Any normal noble woman will not stuff her face with sweets, it's a rule from the books, but I am not normal.

"So sweet~" I said with a mouthful of cake.

"My lady! Please slow down!" Veri panicked.

"Don't worry, don't worry I will be fine." I said stuffing my mouth with cake once again.

Once all the macarons and cakes were finished or out of my sight I decided to pull out the second parchment given in the envelope of Marquess' letter. It contained the list of books that will be helpful before I join the tower of magic. I looked through the list.

Mana manipulation, Different types of mages and magic, Use of spells, The record of magical history, Advance potions and research, Teleportation and spell circles and the list goes on.

"Is Emily here?" I asked to which Veri nodded. Emily walked forward and bowed.

"Inform the butler that I will be going out tomorrow, so make sure the carriage is ready when I leave," I said to which she nodded. Time went by as the sky changed its colour from orange to pitch black as the day passed by.

...

And just like I said yesterday, after breakfast Emily rushed me to take a bath as her and a few other maids rushed around with dresses and shoes while some just did my nails and hair. Honestly some people would feel happy from this much attention but I just wanna sink in the bottom of the bathtub and hide under the water.

Finally after what felt like eternity, they got me dressed in a black and red floor length gown. It was off-shoulder with a heart neckline. The dress was made with red silk fabric with a black net like fabric attached over the red fabric. The black net like fabric starts at a pitch black colour and then slowly blends in with the red fabric as it goes down.

Adding black gloves which reached till the elbow and beautiful black ankle strap heels. Of course Emily didn't forget the jewels as she added a black choker necklace which Evanora used to wear the most and long hoop earrings. My hair was done in a long updo, with a few strands of hair left loose in the front. With adding the final touch of the makeup, it was finally done.

I was finally free from the torture.

"I told you Emily, don't over do it." I sighed.

"I am not going to a ball or anything." I muttered as I stared at the reflection in the mirror. It was a bit too much for going to the mall and buying books.

"But milady! You will be going out for the first time in 2 months, if you go out just like that other ladys will talk behind your back," Emily protested, to which I just glared at her. I sighed as I grabbed the hand fan as I walked out of my room, walking out of the mansion.

I walked outside of the mansion to see the butler waiting with a few knights and the coachman by his side while the carriage stood behind them. As soon as the knights and Josep saw me they bowed down. I looked at the knights, their ears were red like their faces. This is probably the normal reaction for anyone who sees Evanora.

"You may rise," I said as they stood up straight.

"The carriage is ready to leave?" I asked.

"Yes, young master Orion said he will be accompanying you today." the butler said.

"What? Why is he gonna come along?" I asked, feeling annoyed. I need to make sure my plan flows perfectly without him interfering.

"Because I felt like it," a voice spoke from my side, making me flinch. Why? Why does god love to mess with me so much!?