chapter 6 ~ jj's pov

the second part of the plan was completed so i had to move on to part three very soon. we hung at the beach for 2 whole hours, talking and messing around and then finally we had to leave to go back to the chateau. i helped y/n on the boat and we sat back down where we sat on the ride to the beach. "can i braid your hair?" i whisper in y/n's ear from behind her. i can tell that made her nervous by the goosebumps she had down her neck. without a response, she hands me her hair tie and a scrunchie. i wrap the scrunchie around my wrist and use the hair tie to braid her hair which i surprisingly knew how to do. "done." i say as she takes her hair from behind her to look at the braid. she whips around and faces towards me with a smile. "how'd you learn how to do that?" she asks me. "i used to babysit my little cousin. she would make me braid her hair and i just figured out how to do it over time." i answer. it was a true fact, i was very close with my cousins because they made me feel safe. she begins to move back to how she was sitting before but i stop her. "stay like that. i like it." i smirk. she nods her head and then lays it down on my shoulder. i play with her scrunchie around my wrist and kie winks at me like a proud mom.

we get back to the chateau to see rafe sitting on the porch. "what the hell is he doing here?" i whisper. "sh*t." both sarah and y/n say in a nervous tone. y/n moves closer to me and grabs my arm. rafe turns around after hearing the sound of a twig breaking next to us. we all flinch but he sees us and smiles. "oh look what we have here!" he yells with a smile on his face still. "is that y/n i see?" he asks. rafe was y/n's boyfriend a few months ago but they broke up and rafe never let her go. y/n's grip tightens and i pull her closer to me. "it's okay." i whisper to her. rafe laughs a little. "i wouldn't touch her like that, jj." he hollers. the pogues look me and y/n. i remain silent so he doesn't try anything on me. "come over here, y/n. i just want to talk to you." rafe finally admits. i shake my head but y/n continues to walk over to him. y/n finally reaches him and he says "good girl." like she's a dog. rafe leans in closer and whispers something in her ear. he walks away and jumps into his car but y/n stays there with her back facing us. we all run towards her. "y/n, are you okay?" pope asks, terrified. tears fill her eyes and sarah hugs her. she still stares into the abyss when we ask her, "what did he say to you?"