ONE ~ The Meetup

No one's POV

L'manburg was the country or place that wasn't teetering on the brink of civilization. It was deep within a forest, known to be a very misterious and creepy place if gone off path. A single, winding road was all that connected the people of L'manburg to the rest of the world; their human world.

It would take a full day ride on a horse to past their tall walls and to their villages, where most people lived happily and without any fear of knowledge of the other side.

Bright colorful lights were on their roads and paths in the center of L'manburg, and streetlight were placed in every village on the way in and/or out.

It's citizens have all adapted to their morning routines, going to sleep when the sun is going down, and when the sun rises they get up too. It was like any other day, nothing new or special going around unless it was election, which happened every month on the same day; Every Sunday of the first week.

They had all sorts of farm animals kept ins pins or stables, crops having their own piece of land in the country were everyone would share it and plant their fruits or vegetables. Near the center of L'manburg was a building that was directly made for children to go on the weekdays to learn and achieve new things. On Saturdays or some Sunday most people would head to church or town meetings.

It was such a happy place for them, but it wasn't that good and true. Everyone knew the woods were off limits to unsupervised people or lower classes, that was because it was quiet dangerous. The trees were close and hard to walk by without tripping through vines, some even die and don't come back out with how easily you could get lost in there.

Dangerous things awaits anyone who dared to cross the tree line and march right in without anything, and even if you did come out it would be likely they'd get caught and punished for trespassing off limits territory. Which was why the people of L'manburg did not enter.

That was everyone else, but not to George. No. He was one of the few who actually was interested in the forest, and one of the very, very many who believed magic and mysterious creatures actually exists. To him it was like a fairy tale kids would love to hear before bed time, but when it came to the forest, now that was something he was truly intrigued into.

__________

George crept silently out of his house one cold night, holding in his breath as he tiptoed towards the forest at the very edge of the town. George listened for anyone who was still awake, hiding in the shadows, waiting patiently until whoever was passing by was back inside of way out of the clear.

And then, when he was quite certain he would not be spotted, George quickly made his move through the shadows and into the forest.

__________

George hurriedly ran along the way, holding his bag tightly within his grasp and close to his chest as he hurried behind trees and Shadows.

It wasn't trespassing, not to him at least. It was true that the forest was off limits to anyone without permission, and yes, they would get punished if they were caught. But it didn't bother George at all. He's been doing this countless of times, and every time he was never caught.

George grunted as he pulled himself up the giant rocks with one hand, the bag still gripped with the other as he lifted himself up.

He slipped down the rocks once he made up at the top, landing on the other side of the rocky hill. He brushed the dirty and dust off his clothes before finally walking the rest of the way.