Chapter 11: More about Life

Miles

"How did you figure out that you are nonbinary?" I asked Alexis and they stopped chewing their food then glanced at me.

I continued on speaking. "I kinda.. feel like you're the only one I could talk to about this. I'm having an identity crisis."

"It happens." They put their plate beside them and spoke. "You know, before I know it there's always that feeling that... You know... The feeling that I've been wearing the wrong sizes of shoes and I can't seem to know the right one."

They sighed and glanced at the sky. "I took risks and explored different universes. I was lost but then I regained myself again. I keep trying on finding new shoes to fit in and hoping that's the right one. Until suddenly, I found the right shoes that perfectly fits."

"That's all?" I asked then they chuckled. "It's a long process, Miles. You don't know how many trials and shits I went through to be my own person and to figure out myself."

"How long?" They stared at my eyes and smiled. "Long enough to know everything on my own and be comfortable in my own skin."

"You did it alone?"

"Yes, I have no one. Wanda is always busy in her work and Gwen can't really accompany me most of the time. I can't really interact with people here and just vent out to them because they will find out I'm not real. So I have to be alone and wander around. Quin and Queenie have their life going on here so yeah.." They looked down at the streets. "Sometimes I kinda hate that Queenie and Quin wrote me as the one who lost their universe. I miss my universe, I really do. I can really do everything there without any multiversal consequences."

I just listened as they spoke. "But I can't blame Miguel, if I were in his position... I would do the same."

We went silent for a while and they broke the silence. "Did that answer your question? I'm sorry, I kinda vent out a little. I hope I help you though."

"No, it's okay. You help me and it's perfectly fine if you speak more you know. I'll listen, you said you don't have anyone to talk to, right?" I replied and they smiled brightly.

"Aww thanks, Miles. I really need a therapist." We both laugh and they continued. "You know, I come here to escape our multiverse? Isn't that also funny and ironic? People here watch us and read about us because they want to escape this reality. It's poetic."

They then patted my back and sighed. "You're only 16 years old, Miles. You've a lot to experience."

Someone then proceed to interrupt us by saying. "Hey guys, let's go have some drink, not you though Miles and not Hobie too." It's Gwen.

We stood up from the edge of this railings and went inside. There, I sat beside Hobie and he gave me some softdrinks. "Here's your coke, mate."

I accepted it and our hands kinda touched then we stared at each other for a moment. Then we smiled. He sits a little closer to me and starts drinking. Our hands are very close to each other, I move my hand a little closer until I felt his finger. But then he just grabs my hand and hold it. I just stares at him as he continues to drink. Everyone drinks their juices and alcohol, I just stares in confusion. Then suddenly Alexis spoke.

"Yo yow!" Alexis interrupted as we glanced at him. "Did you know both of you are meant to be the prowler? And your Earth-42's version of yourselves are more than friends?"

We were both confuse and Alexis stood up then approached us with his phone. He showed us a picture. "Look, look."

"You even got matching hairstyles!" They laughed and shrugged

"You even got matching hairstyles!" They laughed and shrugged. "But you don't know maybe they are not lovers just more than friends. They died you know so I don't really get a confirmation about their shit."

"Uhm I don't think you are sober, Alexis." Gwen hesitated and Alexis glared at her. "Shut up, Gwenpool."

"Oh great, they're drunk". Quinzel mumured and Queenie rolled her eyes. "You've only drank like two cans."

Alexis smirked and put their arms around my shoulder. "You should drink one can!" Hobie didn't let my hand go.

I replied to Alexis. "I don't think so, I-"

"C'mon, don't be a killjoy." Alexis said then Hobie glared at them. "Don't force him."

"Okay, got it. I'm... Sure . Yeah." They left and sat beside Queenie. "We all saw this one before, the same exact same story."

"And I didn't like the ending." Alexis just straight up cried in front of us and we were all silent. "I-... I just want my universe back.."

"You'll figure a way to get it back, don't worry." Queenie patted them and tried to calmed them down but they shove her hands away. "Don't, of all people. Don't comfort me."

Hobie just whispered to me. "Do you wanna go somewhere alone?"

I nodded and we stood up to go somewhere. We went to the top floor, the rooftop again and we just stared at the sky with the stars.

"I feel comfortable around you." He uttered and he just stared at me. "Do you feel the same way?"

"Kinda..?" I'm so nervous oh my god, what the heck okay okay... Uhmmm.

"I hope I really made you happy." He smiled at me and our gaze just met.

"Are you perhaps.... Uhmm." I then looked away and just started you know what I mean c'mon.

"Am I what?" He asked and I kinda panicked. "I don't know, british?"

He laughed out loud and just mumbled. "Goddammit, Miles." Then continued on laughing.

He then fixed my hair and our gaze met again AHHHHH. My heart!! "You're cute." He uttered to me then he walked away 10 seconds after.

I am left here speechless, I don't know what to do and I stops to look at me. "Aren't you comin?"

I nodded and just followed him. He's sending mixed signals or not? Maybe he likes me too? There's no way, it's just no way. Do I like him? I don't know.

Imagine Gwenpool and Quinzel on the same rooftop watching them be like: