Chapter 22: Question

Miles

It's the party tonight. I invited everyone except for Queenie and Alexis. I don't wanna see them nor talk to them for a moment. I want a break from all their shits.

Pav also attended but he got a day pass. Gwen and I talked about something, without anyone around.

"I know you like Hobie." Gwen said as she was smiling to me. "He's great, I support you two."

"I'm sorry, Gwen." I replied and she chuckled. "Come on, don't be sorry. You're always sorry about everything it's like everything is your fault."

"Isn't it?" I asked and she completely went on serious mode. "Miles...."

"I'm reason why The Spot was created. Earth-42 Miles died because of me and also Peter B.... Mayday lost a father because of me.." I am trying my best not to cry.

"But you are also the reason why she exist. You even save your universe from callapsing, remember the collider? Miles... It's not your fault." She comforted me and my tears gave up.

"I- it's my fault. It's my fault that the multiverse is now... Collapsing." She continued to pat me and I sighed. "I don't want to be the spiderman in the first place. I just......"

"Uncle Aaron died because of me....." I completely cried my eyes out. "How many people should die for me?"

"Miles..." She wiped my tears and just keep on smiling. "It's not your fault..."

"It's just the responsibility of being a spiderman. With great power comes with responsibility. It's not your fault that exist, it's just the way the things are made. It always happens. It's part of life and we can't escape it." She continued to pat me and she sighed.

"You know, I don't know if believe in afterlife but they are probably up there... Watching you and supporting you.." she rested her head on my shoulder and glanced at the sky. "Maybe they are the stars you see every night reminding you that they are proud of you and always love you."

I calm down and she stands up. "Let's go celebrate their existence, shall we?" She offered her hand and I accepted it.

We joined the party and I went to Hobie. He put his arm around my shoulders and just stares at me.

"What are you looking at?" I asked then he smiled "your watercolor eyes."

"Oh my god, I can't.... With these love birds.." Pav said then he chuckled. "It's like everyday is their honeymoon."

"It's their honeymoon phase, aren't you and your lover in that phase too?" Gwen questioned and Pav smirked. "It's different when I do it."

Gwen rolled her eyes and Hobie mumbled "Oh the hypocrisy."

"Shut up. We are definitely sweeter and more lovey dovey." Pav jokingly uttered and we all just laughed.

"Well atleast my parents know that we are together." I said then Pav just rolled his eyes. "Oh C'mon that's not fair! You have seen her father..."

"Mr. Morales is just as strict as him." Hobie commented and Pav just lost it. "Oh my god, you're a lot cooler than I am of course!!!"

"Oh, well thank you.." Hobie replied and we just had so much fun.

My parents then approached us with a very unpleasant face behind them. "Miles you said only three people can come to this party.."

"Alexis.." the atmosphere changed as Alexis smiled. "Oh yeah I bought some cake and some juice. I don't drink alcohol."

"Why are you here?" I asked to them whilst I furrowed my brows and glared at them.

"I'm on your side, Miles.." they smiled brightly as they gave the cake to my mom. "Well let's put our shits aside and just have fun today."

We were all just glaring at them but they just shove it off and grabbed a drink.

My parents knew that there was something wrong but they chose not to interfere between us.

"You are uninvited." Pav uttered and Alexis just sighed. "I know that's why I came here with cake and drinks coz you know it might rude to just attend without any gifts."

"It's more rude when you attend uninvited." Gwen added and they avoided our gazes. "Well I just came here for fun. Please, let's put our differences aside and have fun. This might be your last day."

As soon as he said that, we quickly stepped towards him in a threatening manner. "Please, just give me this day... I just wann party."

"While you destroy the multiverse???" Gwen questioned and he chuckled. "I haven't started yet, and the multiverse is collapsing on it's own I just need to push something. It's like a domino, like you know if you push something it-"

They stopped talking and just stared at our glaring. "Please... Just give me this day of fun. Everyone deserves some fun right?"

"Not you." Hobie replied and Alexis gave him a wtf look. "Come on, just one day. One night."

"Fine.." I uttered and everybody looked at me. "Are you really letting this madman join us in a party?" Gwen asked and I nodded.

"They helped me figure out something that's why.... I'm just returning the favor." Then I stepped closer to Alexis and whispered. "And for your information, it's my choice to be with someone, not yours."

"Understood.." They replied. Our night was completely ruined, thanks to Alexis. But we still tried to have fun. It's like spending time with your loved ones before doomsday.