Chapter 24: High Ground

Miles

I went back with others and we spent the night just having fun. As the midnight comes, everyone decided to go home except for Hobie and Alexis.

They both decided to stay and help with the cleaning up. Gwen took Pav home since he threw his watch and decided to quit.

But all of the sudden, they came back. "Miles!!! Miles!!!" Gwen hurriedly came to me with panic in her eyes.

"It's starting, the merge!!!" She cries and I try to calm her down. "Hey, hey calm down.. what happened."

"Pav... He was right beside me... We were talking and we went in his universe then suddenly.." she cries even more as she explains things. "... He... The whole universe... I-... I don't know what to do... I was holding his hand... And I...."

"It's starting." Alexis commented then Hobie quickly grabbed their collar. "We gave you one day!" He glared at Alexis.

"Stop this at once!!" Hobie shouted at them whilst I comforted Gwen.

"I told you, it was completely out of my control. I just had to start the domino and I have no control after that." We all glared at them.

"You little shit!!!" Gwen screamed and I've never heard Gwen curse before.

Then suddenly there was a huge earthquake. I looked at my mom who started disappearing.

"Mom!!! Mom!!!" I shouted as I reached for her hand. "Mijo..." She held my face one last time. Then she disappeared.

"Dad!!! Dadd!!" I called but no one answered. "I thought you were keeping me.." I glanced at Alexis and they nodded. "Yes, only you."

Hobie opened a portal and asked me. "Are we going to Queenie now? Or are you gonna let this happen?"

I glanced at the place where I last saw my mom. I closed my eyes and clenched my fist.

"Let's go to Queenie." I said then when I was about to enter the portal, Alexis stopped me.

"No, you're not going anywhere." I then saw a lot of people merging in my universe. Voices that were asking for help and faces that were begging to be saved.

"No..." I glared at Alexis. "You're not gonna decide for me." Alexis glared back and they used their powers to open a portal and transfer me to another universe.

The last thing I saw was Gwen and Hobie trying to fight back against Alexis. I am losing it. It's happening. I need to go to Queenie. I set up my watch but it only let me jump to another universe near headquarters.

I took the chance and opened the portal but someone called me. "Miles? Is that you?" That voice... It was very familiar.

I turned around to see Peni slowly disappearing but not as fast as my mom. "Thank you for sparing me."

"What? Peni.." I held her hand and she cried. "I lost everything, Miles. Aunt may... My friend.. my dad... I accept this as a salvation. Mercy..."

"Peni..." She hugged me and just whispered. "If you're gonna go back in time, I don't want to experience it once again."

"I'd rather die than to exist again." She cried as she disappeared into oblivion.

Was it her canon event? What the heck is her canon event? She sounds so low... Like she's at the lowest point of her life... I hope that... Fuck... Not everyone wants to exist.

That gave me second thoughts but I've made up my mind. I entered the portal and it was Noir's universe.

He was also disappearing but he was still drinking liquor. "I don't know if being spiderman is a curse or a gift."

He glanced at me and sighed. "But if you choose this path, Miles. Thank you, I can finally rest."

Then he just completely disappeared. What.. then I jumped in another universe again, it was Ham.

"I miss being a spider." Ham mumbled. "Oh Miles! Go!!! Get your life together!!! Don't forget me! Let's meet in the future."

He disappeared too and I jumped of another universe again. It was Peter b's universe. There, I met MJ and Mayday.

"Oh, are you Miles?" She asked as she was about to disappear and then she smiled so brightly at me. "Thank you, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have Mayday."

She then touched my shoulder and Mayday glanced at me with her innocent eyes. "Without you, Peter and I wouldn't have a second chance."

Her tears fall down from her eyes as she said her last words. "Thank you very much." They both disappeared, together.

I took a deep breath and finally, I opened the portal to headquarters.

It feels like a curse knowing Peni's canon event and it got me bawlin my eyes out like: