Chapter 10: Boardgame

Miles

We rest for a while and change our clothes then we all calm down and sit on the living room. Gwen prepared some snacks and drinks for us. She also takes out a boardgame for us to play. No one takes care of Alexis and their bruises.

"So this game, I stole from another universe is like a hero game where you get to choose who to save or not." Gwen explained and we all looked at her with poker faces. "What?"

"That's Gwenpool for y'all!" Quinzel commented and Queenie added. "I feel like you're doing this on purpose."

"It's a fun, game!!" Gwen replied and Hobie smirked. "Yeah everything's fun and games until you triggered someone's trauma."

"Eyy let's just start the game." Gwen ignored Hobie and she started the game. "So the mechanics of the game is like monopoly but everytime you choose the number of people you will save, you will take the steps in the same number."

We all nodded and she continued. "You will pick two cards and it make you choose. Basically this is like training a hero but in a game."

"I'll go first!" Quinzel picked two cards and read it loud. "50 people or 12 grandmas"

"I pick 50 people." Then she went to grabbed an Avatar and took 50 stepped on the board. "This game sucks." Queenie mumbled and Hobie agreed "Tell me more."

Quinzel was beside me on the right side so I was about to picked cards but Alexis stopped me. "I'll go next..."

They picked a card and read it out loud. "Your dad or the whole world [you will proceed to win the game]" My heart stopped for a moment and I felt everyone glaring at them.

"I'll save everyone." They said and they rolled their eyes. "I hate this game."

"You can't save everyone!" Gwen shouted at Alexis and they furrowed their brows "Then fuck everyone, I'm gonna save my dad."

"You got insta win, right there!" Gwen just pointed the finished line and Alexis smirked. "So what?"

Hobie then chuckled. "Ha, you know what they said.." Alexis stared at him and continued his monologue. "Yeah I know what they said, A hero will sacrifice everything to save the world and a villain will sacrifice the world for you then that makes you a villain, Miles?"

I gulped and Hobie leaned towards to him with a glare. "That makes him, a Spiderman." Then they glared at each other until Gwen broke it. "You know what? Aren't y'all tired? How about we stoped this game and rest? We will go to carnival tomorrow!"

"Yeah good idea!" Quinzel agreed but as Alexis stood up, Hobie stopped him. "Wait, aren't we going back home?"

"What? You just got here? You wanna go back already?" Alexis jokingly asked and Hobie was really pissed off. "You know what I meant."

"Okay okay relax." They pushed Hobie away gently with one finger. "We kinda have a problem."

"What is it then?" Hobie just straight up intimidating Alexis and it's working. "Well uhh.. remember the portal I use? Tempad?"

"Mhm." Hobie's eyes widened as Alexis tried to avoid his gaze. "Well it kinda,, I need recharge it and it will take about 2 days.. so we're going to carnival to have some fun!" They explained and Hobie's eyes narrowed.

"And what happened to Gwen? You said she's in TVA shit, innit?" This is interrogation.

"She's safe, she's safe. She's in good hands." Alexis was really trying to avoid Hobie's gaze and the other Gwen chuckled. "I won't say that if I were you."

Alexis gave her a 'shut up' look and immediately walk out of Hobie's sight. We just all went to our respective rooms and coincidentally, Hobie and I are in the same room.

We were welcomed by bunk beds and he instantly claimed the top one. "I'm takin this one." He climbs easily without any sign of fatigue.

I sat at the bottom bunk bed and think about my life. "Are you good, Miles?"

"Yes." I replied as I stared at the top of this thingy.

It has many stickers and things

It has many stickers and things. I sighed as I closed my eyes but I couldn't stop thinking.

"Are you inlove with someone, Hobie?" I suddenly asked then i heard him move. "I don't know, are you?"

"I don't know..." I sat up straight and stood up. I went to the door and he just stared at me. "Where are you going?"

"Going to have fresh air." I replied then I gently closed the door.

I then saw Alexis outside sitting on the edge of the slate while there was food beside them. I stood behind them and asked, "Can I join you?"

They smiled and just nodded. We sat there silently until they broke the silence.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk, that's my coping mechanism." They jokingly uttered and they chuckled. "Oh yeah, I really mean that apology. I'm really sorry. I know you've been through a lot."

"Do you have perhaps canon events? I know it's not real, I don't know anymore." I replied then they looked at the sky. "I don't know, I even don't know if I was meant to be hero.. or a villain. It depends on me I guess."

They sighed and asked me. "Do you have feelings for Hobie?"

I glanced at them with worried in my eyes. "I don't know, I'm scared."

"Why are you scared?" They questioned and I looked down. "He might betray me... Just like Gwen did or... He might die, just like Uncle Ben.."

"Earth-42 Hobie died saving his Miles and Earth-42 Miles died saving your dad." They explained and he sighed. "My point is... Death is just a part of life. It happens, you just gotta keep their memory and legacy."

"And also betrayal happens. I know Hobie because you know... Fourth wall, he is loyal man. Even when he's the prowler, he sticks to his principles and protect his love ones." They patted my back and I just feel a little better but not really fully, you know what I mean?

I then took the courage and asked. "Can I ask you a question?"

 "Can I ask you a question?"

Fun fact: if you didn't know. Gwenpool is from comics and she's really op. She is like literally from the fourth wall and she doesn't value life when she's in comics coz you know they are all fictional but Howard the Duck just you know reality check he was like "you're not in fourth wall, young lady. Value life more here!" And then yeah.
Credits to the comics!