c-twenty three-

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

~.*.*.*.~

He covered my mind, and he teased my body. In his presence, I would be wide awake and a part of me would still be lulling. He was consuming me, and at the same time he was making me more alive than ever. He was stressing me out, and I loved each bit of 'growing up' in his presence. I was the sapling, he was the sun.

I wake up with sunlight falling on my eyes; perhaps Harry had come in and drawn the huge curtains. I check the blackberry that Harry had given me, 9:30am. Great Abby, sober and still manage to sleep around twelve hours.

Without having the desire or guts to run into Harry snuggling into half-naked, I make a turn directly for the loo. It is unlocked. Lord bless.

Ten minutes later, I discover a note fixed to the refrigerator with the help of a fridge magnet.

"Good morning/Afternoon depending on whenever you're reading it. I'm out, as you may have discovered. If someone rings the bell DO NOT open the door, I have my own set of keys. I'll come back sometime in the evening. -H x"

This man was barely ever at home, but it was his job to work with a band. Lately he had been out a lot more than usual, and he did seem stressed about something, but he didn't tell me, and I didn't ask him probably because I was the reason.

So, for most of the morning I had to myself to kill time. I was bored as ever. I missed school, kept me occupied. Since there wasn't much to do, I decide on downloading some songs on to the phone and look up something easy to make for lunch that didn't require a lot of chopping vegetables, or fingers for that matter.

I sniff, remembering the entire episode from last night.

By the time I have showered, made up my bed and loitered illegally in Harry's, downloaded a few new songs on my temporary phone and decide that it is better to just live on the three different variations of Cheerios stacked in the groceries, it's already 2:00p.m.

Little do I expect movement in this house when I'm all alone, so the sound of keys jingling into the keyhole startles me. I do know it has to be Harry, but possibly, there is a part of me expecting a masked ninja to step into that door with nunchucks in his hands, so I sit upright on the sofa.

The door moves ajar and Harry steps inside. His copper hair is tousled back and he looks weary of something. "Niall's with me." He semi-groans.

"Oh where?" I chirp. Niall and I hit it off the first time we met. He was easy to talk to and didn't make me feel like he was my crush since forever.

"Sitting on the stairs," he shoots a dagger in my direction for some reason definitely uncalled for "Niall come on inside you moron!" Harry throws the keys on the nearby TV shelf and drags his feet inside, doing something on his phone. He gets the iPhone while the blackberry tortures me. But beggars can't be choosers, so I move forward, to peep outside the door where I see a bushy lot of blonde hair on a man's head leaning against the wall as he was sitting on the last landing that led to Harry's door.

"Niall?" I say softly.

He turns around gingerly, trying as if, to not snap his neck in the process. His eyes are red.

"Oh My God, Niall are you okay?" I leave the house to help yank him up. There is something definitely wrong, something that has caused Niall to drink so recklessly and Harry to be so irritated.

"Hey-ayee Abby!" his voice reeks of beer. Something is fishy or he is weird like that.

"Look at you!" I gasp. "get up, come inside, Harry's going to kill both of us."