-c-twenty-

I am so sorry for the really really late updates, I am not getting enough reads or votes to motivate me

CHAPTER TWENTY

 ~.*.*.*.~

I wipe the tears under my eyes from the hideous laughter session.

“I am not watching this.” I hold my stomach tight to soothe the cramp ion my stomach.

“Yes you are, that’s what the plan was.”

“No Harry! I have watched this over a hundred times, not again, please.”

“I don’t mind you seeing it for a hundred and first time.”

“But I do. Come on Harry, choose any Goddamn movie and watch it, I am so tired I’ll pass out on the carpet.”

“Alright, so I’m choosing after all. Hmmm… how about ‘Only You?’ I haven’t seen that movie in ages.

“I haven’t even heard of it until today.” It isn’t ringing any bells.

“It’s nice, old movie, love story, Robert Downey Jr at his best yet again. if you don’t like it, we’ll watch something that goes with your persona, maybe ‘Kung Fu Panda.’” He grins at me.

“What makes you think I’ll like Kung Fu Panda?” we’re more comfortable now which is a good news to me.

“Who doesn’t love that guy? I mean, have you seen his belly?” He does an impression of Po with his arms moving in circles around his belly.

“Fine! Fine! Yes I do like that movie. But I think I’ll survive through yours.”

“It’s not great, but it’s nice, light and all that.”

“Oh cool, order online?”

“No I think I’ll walk to the store, I’ve been at home all day, need some fresh air.” He smiles briefly, got to meet someone too.

“Oh, from the band?”

“No,” his phone vibrates on the side table, and he leaps leaving his sentence hanging mid air, catching his phone before I could even take a look of the number on the screen. He doesn’t pick up. Was it half-naked? Is he going to meet half-naked? He better not.

“Harry?” I catch him off guard.

“Yeah?”
I want to ask him about the call, but I decide otherwise.

“You mind getting some pop corn on your way back?”

“I think I have them in the top right shelf in the kitchen?”

“No we don’t, I didn’t see it there while I was making breakfast.”

Harry smiles in approval.

I wait for a few minutes as Harry wears a jacket on top of his white V-neck.

“Bye” he murmurs and closes the door behind him.
Wow, now we’re talking groceries like a fucking housewife. Maybe I am turning into one of them.

The bottom line is, independence of this kind is actually fun.

I am thinking a nap would be great, so I make myself comfortable on his sofa. It is still warm from Harry’s body. It’s good for my size, I fit in comfortably in the length. I close my eyes, imagine Harry’s arms wrapped around me. How much has life changed, really and i…

***

“booooooooooo” cold air hits my ears.

“What the fuck!?” I scream, roll and fall flat on my face, embracing the moulded carpet warmly.

Harry was standing right behind my head, blowing air in my ear, and now he is laughing uncontrollably for the umpteenth time today; I like the sound, I won’t lie, but he almost killed here.

“Ow” I writhe in pain.

“Oh god I’m sorry!” he manages between his laughs. “did you get hurt?”

“Nope! Just felt like kissing the floor.” Harry laughs more and extends a hand to yank me up.

“Sorry Abby! You were snoring, and I never knew, oh Christ.” He laughs at the reminiscence, how fucking funny Harold, my breasts hurt.

“I got the DVD and the popcorn.” He says holding one of them in each hand.

“Cool I’ll get the DVD you get the popcorn.” I offer.

“Abby, no messing with my electronic devices. Let’s switch. You get the popcorn, I’ll get the DVD.”

“Microwaves are also electronic devices, just so you know.” I murmur and walk into the kitchen.
I put the packet into the microwave and push a few buttons, the glass plate starts rotating. Meanwhile I draw out a glass bowl, wipe it a bit and wait a little over two minutes leaning against the counter watching the corn pop. I remember how I have almost survived my whole life on frozen food the night after the drunken parties.

When I return, with the bowl huge enough to feed the entire society, the first scene of the movie, I guess is on the screen and Harry has it paused.

“Smells good.” He says popping one into his mouth. “With love, from Abby.” I grin.

“Press play.” I say and he does so.

I am sitting on the carpet just below Harry and he is the one holding the bowl of popcorn, this way it is easier to pass the bowl between him and me, and the closeness isn’t distracting, or haunting either. I find myself in a comfortable place.

The movie is basically about a girl, who bails out on her wedding to find the person who calls to say that he won’t be able to make it to his school friend’s (who is the fiancé of the girl) wedding, just because he shared the same name as the Ouija board’s prediction of soul mate from ages ago. She finds a man who has that name, fucks him but then he tells his real name is something else. She could have done better for real though. Robert Downey Jr is looking hot and young as ever.

I glance at Harry several times but he is watching the movie too intently, his lips forever curled upwards to form a subtle and yet the most beautiful smile.

In the end, it turns out that the female lead’s douche of a brother had played a prank on his sister and the Ouija board thing was nothing but a hoax.  It was an okay movie, not bad, a little boring – yes; but the fact that I was watching it with Harry made things a little exciting.

It’s already dark by the time we wind our shit up.

“Hungry?” he asks. It’s funny because throughout the movie we have been snacking on popcorn.

“Not now, but sometime later, I’ll be.”

“What would you like to eat for dinner?” take away or cook at home?”

“You cook?” It somehow comes as a surprise to me. I don’t  remember reading anything about ‘Harry Styles’ cooking’ however it was a celebrity’s life I was expecting something fancy.

“Of course I do!” he exclaims, a little tone of offense in his voice.

“Wow, can you teach me?” how disgusting! And how exciting!

“If we start now, you’ll learn the art of peeling a boiled potato by 2105” he teases.

“We’ll see.” I wink. Game on Harold. This is a challenge.

 ~.*.*.*.~

please guys, read share and vote. a little can mean a lot to someone