c-twelve- , c-thirteen- & c-fourteen-

READ+VOTE+COMMENT = MAKE ME HAPPY (: (: (:

CHAPTER 12

 ~.*.*.*.~

In no time the pizza arrives, and as per rules I am not to show my face. I don’t mind that as long as I get my share of pizza for free. We sit at the dining table and Harry tears the tapes that seals the lid of the cardboard box of the base.

“Lets bond over pizza.” He grins, and I hope he means it, but I know he does not. Hope is such a waste of space.

“Ha Ha. Very funny.” I grab the slice which has the most cheese sprinkled on top of it and shovel it in my mouth like I hadn’t eaten in ages. But I am always hungry, so its no surprise.

“You realise you are in Essex?”

“Yes I do.” I smile at my intelligence.

“Have you been here before?”

“nope!”

“Do you like this place?”

“yeah.”

“you know you’re being annoying?”

“hey, I am just enjoying my pizza.”

His expression changes and I am afraid I said some shit again. how are all these changes coming from within me, being the angel I never was.

I know I shouldn’t be wearing the attitude that I am, for now at least because in the end, I am supposed to be obliged towards Harry, and not behave like having a room to myself in the house is, was, and will be my birth right.

“How did you meet her?” I ask, starting the topic. I never would have, but I had to. A nerve is being pierced inside of me, as I wait to hear an overdramatic story.

He finishes chewing the bite in his mouth, and takes a moment to think.

“Well, I went to this fashion show in Glasgow, and she was the show stopper. Hell of course she was, have you seen her legs.” He says almost drooling, I am disgusted at why I raised the question in the first place; but reality pays me a visit. Its because I am an idiot, and that is the reason why.

“So she is a model?” jealousy is drowning me.

“when she is in a fashion show, of course she is a model.” He laughs at my expense. I nod.

“So I sneaked into the green room, and there she was, delicious as ever.” I am hoping, praying even that this painful story ends soon. I take a bite of the pizza, and he does too. I am trying to divert my focus from my jealousy. The crust is too thin for my liking, though the cheese is in the right amount. So my judgement remains neutral. I nod again.

“So I asked her out to lunch and she agreed. She only ate salad and it was so cute.” He chirps at the memory like it was the best moment of his life. “she’s cute, isn’t she?” He beams at me, his lips forming a perfect smile.

“She is half naked.” He scowls at me, taking another bite.

“What’s her name anyway?” I can feel my jealousy increasing with every second that is passing.

“Claire.” He blushes a bit. I guess he is hopelessly in love with her, and ouch that hurts.

“Nice.” I say and look at the crockery cabinets in the dining room. We finish the rest of the pizza, talking very little and mostly about half naked Claire. I give up the last slice of pizza to Harry and this is the first time I have done that. what am I turning into.

I leave the dining room without a word, once I am done eating. I am so used to waiters cleaning up after we eat, that I feel the need to go back in and help Harry. But he has already wiped the crumbs clean off the table, and has replaced the bamboo woven mats. I hear some rattling noises from inside the kitchen.