c-two-

~.*.*.*.~

My mom stops rubbing my arms, and holds onto my hands. "Abigail..." but i cut her off. "Don't call me that."

"Of course i will keep calling you that. From today onwards, everyone will be calling you that. Don't you get it, you are getting married today. You are going to have a ton of responsibilities to take care of. You will have to..." her tone turned irate, but i cut her in anyway.

"I know mom, can't we just skip this? You have been lecturing me about this ever since this stupid wedding was finalised with that dick."

"Don't you talk like that about Marcel. He is wonderful, and the way that you are, you won't even have takers better than him." A very curt remark, but i am used to it. I had been living with this for twenty two years, and yet i did nothing to run away from here before. I could have studied, gotten into a university, flown to some other country, faked my death and never come back. I don't know why i didn't realize some day like today could also pay me a visit.

Caitlyn and Carly remain quiet, a few steps behind mom, and look at me sympathetically. It doesn't suit those punks, had it been some other day, i would have been on the floor, laughing till the tears wouldn't have blinded me. But since today i want to really cry myself, i decide against it.

"Marcel is a handsome man, my darling. You should see how eagerly he is waiting for you to walk down the aisle. And all his other friends don't look bad themselves, you should try talking to them." she turns around and addresses the last part of her sentence to Carly and Caty. They look like they are choking on some bone stuck down their throat. My mom is impossible.

"Yes Mrs Edward. We will." Caty smiles at her. How plastic.

While my mom tortures the two for a bit longer, adjusting their hair and dresses, i go back to the time when the three of us met. Carly and Caty knew each other, and i was new in town. I had no clue where to sit at recess. I had seen them looking at me, because they too shared the same look as me. Purple highlights in black hair, ripped shorts, and oversized t-shirts. Carly was naturally blond, so the tips of her hair were dip-dyed black, while Caty, a brunette, had blond streaks.

I would casually see them looking at me, while i was in class. We had quite a few classes together. I could bear it no longer.

"Will you stop that? It's sort of pricky ok?" i snapped while they leaned against their lockers.

"What?" the one with the black dip-dyed hair asked. I didn't know their names then.

"All that weird looks you're shooting at me." I was taken aback at the not-so-rude response; like i was expecting.

"Hey! Calm down girl, we were only thinking you are the only one around here who look like us." The brunette spoke.

I couldn't help but smile. Next day at recess, we sat at the same table. Of course we were the 'social sidekicks' but it didn't matter as long as we didn't have to change ourselves. We figured out each other's homes, and did a lot of 'hanging out' together. We went clubbing, smoking, drinking and having fun. But that didn't mean we were completely out of hand. We knew when to stop, and how to handle situations. That's what had saved us from being more disgraced.

Then we befriended Mike, and his brother Riley. He was our neighbour. I remember i would often take away their bottle of milk, only to replace it with my empty one. I also would sometimes tear their newspaper, and leave it on the front porch before anyone could even collect it. I would stick my chewed gum on their window pane, and also make it a point to throw my dog's poop in their lawn. Their housekeeper hated me, but the Hudson's wouldn't believe her. I had fun chasing and beating Mike, but he was a lovely person. He would also join us for parties and stuff very often, but he knew his limits very well; a very controlled and determined bloke.