Chapter 3

MUICHIRO TOKITO

The moment I set foot inside the humble abode, the peculiar scent of soy sauce, onion, and chicken tickled my nose. Finding myself building up a sneeze, I abruptly attempted to hold it in so as to not frighten everyone with a sickness I didn't have. My parents might've been my favorite people in the world, but I did find it tiresome when they reacted quite chaotically concerning a minor cough.

Eventually, the potential sneeze died down, leaving me with an annoying itch that wouldn't fade away. Brushing it off, I continued to find a place of comfort with the help of my white cane. The floorboards creaked after each step I took towards what I presumed to be the living room. In spite of my current assistance, a light hand took hold of my shoulders and flipped me around.

"Wrong room baby," Said the mother of the family. "You're in the dining room,"

I groaned in annoyance at the realization. This definitely wasn't the first time I've gotten lost before. You learn to get used to it with time.

"Oyakodon," I faintly stated as she leisurely led me towards the living room.

"Hm?"

"O... oyakodon," I repeated. "That's what you're cooking,"

"What about it?"

I went silent for a moment, remembering the serene taste of said meal from my mother's pot. I've always really enjoyed it no matter where I was receiving it. It just always seemed to have a special place in my heart from the womb.

"Nothing really, it's just my favorite food,"

I could feel her satisfied huff hitting the back of my neck as she gradually sat me down onto a couch. She made a wind-like sound with her hands, somewhat like I clap, before briefly placing them on her hips.

"That's just perfect," She sang. "The dish is made in celebration of your arrival,"

That statement alone was enough to make me grin, and completely forget about my former residence. Widening my grin to a smile, I arose from my position on the couch and took a bow in her presence.

"Thank you,"

She patted my head in response, letting go so I could return from my bow.

"And thank you for being here," She mumbled before briefly walking off somewhere I was unaware of. "Boys! Come and meet your new roommates!"

Oh right, she had children.

I jumped at the sudden memory of my dad providing me with the knowledge of their familial format. Two sons, he said. Two peers that he eagerly hoped I could get along with by the start of our experiences here. I've personally never had a problem with conversing amongst people around my age. Except, one of them was a few years too old for me to talk to properly.

Whatever the outcome might've been, that wouldn't stop my initial goal. In this new town, I was yet to start a new life, and that only meant new friends along the journey I'd be experiencing. If it was possible, these two were bound to be my firsts.

---