Chapter 8

MUICHIRO TOKITO

All of a sudden, the sound of keys would ensue from the front door of the abode. I didn't even gather up the time to think before it appeared to have been opened. Firm steps marched into the house, and it went awfully silent. Even Genya had remained silent in front of me, possibly staring at the man who definitely stood before us. This had to have been the man of the house. No doubt about it.

He suddenly spoke up, and his voice would come out strong. There was this somewhat dominant demeanor that appeared from just the sound of him. It sent chills down my spine. Chills I hadn't yet realized I was fully aware of until Genya had decided to leave the scene.

"Where's your mother?" The man suddenly asked in regards of his wife's whereabouts.

There was an unnerving silence about the room. His greeting lacked a 'hi' or a 'hello'. In fact, it was more of a demand than anything else in comparison. Something about it was just so disturbing, and I was no longer sure if I had a place here anymore. After all, he didn't even come to acknowledge me or my brother. There were strangers in his house, and he actually turned a blind eye.

I knew I had to speak up, so I did. I got up from my sitting position and stood up firm and tall. With a brief exhale of preparation, I brought my head towards the voice I perceived and finally spoke.

"Hi... my parents who just moved in today should be in the other room. I'm their youngest son, Muichiro."

I could hear him shift towards me in regard to my response. A slight grunt would ensue from his mouth at the sight of me. I'd like to say it was from the sight of my eyes in particular. However, there was no time for any assumptions at the moment.

At this point, I was unable to feel the presence of the Shinazugawa brothers. Had they scurried off? It unnerved me a little; the thought that I probably should've been scared.

"Hmm, the Tokitos, correct?"

I nodded, holding my fists to the sides as I usually played with my knuckles whenever I was nervous. This time, I was aware of my apprehension. So, showing it was the last thing I wanted to do.

"I should talk to them," I heard him mumble under his breath.

Slowly but surely enough, he began to walk. His footsteps grew all the more silent as he exited the room towards the second living room.

I sighed, dropping my head to the face of the ground. A singular string of sweat swam down my forehead. Whenever did I get so tense?

"U-umm..." I suddenly spoke up. "You guys can stop hiding now."

I flinched as the sudden sound of footsteps were perceived right beside me. Their steps inched closer to me by each second, eventually stopping at the very edge of my foot. Suddenly, I could smell him and was aware of Sanemis presence.

"We've been here the whole time, Muichiro... just very silent,"

His voice was still hushed, and he sounded nervous. Something about this wasn't right at all. What had my parents gotten themselves into this time?

---