Jacob Montaz The Prince

The gate was opened and Niky was still mad at me which I understand I overreacted a little. She parked the car and I was still debating on if I should talk to her or not. I got out of the car still not knowing what to do. I finally made up my mind to talk to her when my Brooklyn came running our way with the rest of our family following behind. Niky was beginning to back out when Brook taped on her window which stopped Niky and woke up Theo. she rolled down her window with a smile on her face.

"Hey Brook."

"Do you happen to have a couple minutes?" Brooklyn asked, acting shy, why? I have no idea. Niky looked at Theo and he nodded his head.

"Yeah I guess. Why?"

"Because I need to talk to you about work."

"Okay" Niky said then turning to Theo "Watch Jade please" he shook his head and she got out of the car with the front window still down. They talk for a couple minutes about something. I am not gonna lie I really was not paying attention but when I see something moving in the back seat I focus all my attention on that. Quickly I realized that something had woken Jade up.

"Niky," I say trying to get her to look at me but she didn't answer probably because she is still mad. "Niky," this time she looks at me.

"What can I help you with Mr.Montaz?" it wasn't hard to miss the attitude in her voice and i'm not the only one that noticed it.

"Hey Niky what's wrong? I've never heard you call Jacob that."

"Nothings wrong Brook." About this time I looked back at Jade and saw she was getting out of her car seat and trying to open the door.

"Niky, please just look behind you." I state with a little panic.

"Hh, wh-" Niky turns around to see Jade looking at her "Why didn't you say something or try to stop her"

"Umm.... I did and how?" Why is she mad at me wasn't Theo supposed to be watching her, not me? She walked to the back door bumping past me on her way and opens the door

"What do you think you are doing missy?" any hate or aggravation in her voice was gone.

"Want out mama." I looked at Brooklyn seeing a little confusion and happiness on her face but nothing else was I just over reacting to the whole situation? I walk to the back of the car.

"Hey Jade, you know it's not safe to get out of the car without someone to help right?"

"It is?" I smile a little at her.

"Yeah it's very dangerous without your mom's help okay"

"Okay." Jade states as Niky looks at me with a small smile but I could tell she was still mad. I mean why wouldn't she be? I pretty much yelled at her for having a kid when Jade is probably the most important part of her world. I disregarded that.

"Thanks," she said, turning to Theo after I shook my head. "Theo!" he jumps.

"What?"

"You were supposed to be watching her"

"I am relax" he says with no clue of what is going on

"No you are not" she says adding a little bite to the end of her sentence.

"And how do you know what I'm doing and what I'm not?" I could tell Niky was getting mad and was fixing to yell at him. So I stepped in.

"Dude, she is a toddler you can not take your eyes off her for a second." I looked down at Jade who was just patiently sitting there looking between me and Niky.