Brooklyn B. The Designer

After Niky yelled Jacob just stood there so I said something

"Niky, I don't know what is going on or what is wrong but you do not have to take it out on us. We are here because we are worried about you." At this point I was really worried and it was taking everything in me not to run to her and wipe her tears away and just comfort her and as much as I wanted to that I couldn't for everyone's sake. Niky wouldn't even look at me nor Jacob but she was crying and I wanted to yell at whoever had made her cry like this. I don't know why honestly I have never been this protective over someone or so carefree. She was quickly becoming one of the most important parts of my life. She then walked over to us so suddenly it surprised me and pulled us both into a hug which I returned a little to easily.

"It was nice to meet both of you, Ms.B. and Mr. Montaz. I will always remember y'all and how you treated me with so much kindness." With that she hugged us a little longer and kissed both of our cheeks and walked into her apartment. When she kissed my check it made me realize that I couldn't lose her no matter what it took. I would do everything in my power to keep her in my life to protect her and make sure she was okay but those words sounded like a goodbye. Were they meant as a goodbye? I slowly walked back to my car.

"Jacob, are you coming?" he still was in a state of shock and to be honest so was I. He slowly started walking to my car only stopping to place something on Niky's windshield and then he got in and I started driving away.

"What do you think she meant by I will always remember y'all?"

"I don't know Jake." What I didn't tell him was I think that was a goodbye hug, that was meant to be the last time we saw her. We have only known her a couple of days but it feels like we have known her forever and it hurts really bad to think that was goodbye.

"Brook, what if that was meant to be a goodbye." I should have known we would think the same thing.

"I mean she still has to come to work for me right?" truth be told I didn't even know if she was still going to come to work but I have to stay positive or it would break me. I can't let this be the last time I see her without admitting how I feel how I would do anything for her. I promise this will not be the last time I have with her.