4 - Summons

Darth Vader thundered down the halls of the Imperial Palace, annoyance simmering as he made his way to the rooms dedicated to the Inquisitorius.

They had summoned him after their failed mission.

Summoned him.

It was bad enough to fail at capturing two thieves, stealing information from the Empire, but to summon him afterwards?

Yet it tugged at him, something else must be at play. What could possibly be so important that they would risk his wrath?

The doors flid open and Vader stopped as he saw the Grand Inquisitor standing beside the Fourth Sister and Fifth Brother.

Each of them dropped to a knee before him, 'Lord Vader.'

Pangs of anger flared in him at the name, the 'gift' from the Emperor that had come at such a price.

'Inquisitors,' he ground out, the modulator making his voice sound the same every time. Another curse disguised as a blessing.

For too long, no one spoke. A twitch of his fingers changed that.

'We found something that we thought would interest you,' the Fourth Sister said. Yelped really, but it didn't matter.

Vader only waited.

The Grand Inquisitor pressed a button, and the footage from a security holocron appeared before them. Vader watched as the Inquisitors faced off against a masked fighter wielding a lightsaber.

They slice in close to his head and the mask falls away. And Vader's heart stops.

Another fighter appears, also wearing a hood, but with two high points. Almost like...

The answer comes soon after, as they make their escape, and he... Obi-Wan calls out to her, 'Ahsoka!'

The Fifth Brother stands, holding out two white-hilted lightsabers.

Vader took them, but he already knew them, had made them. He had pulled these apart and put them back together again, better than she had left them.

No, Anakin had done that.

'These lightsaber blades belonged to Ahsoka Tano,' Fifth Brother said. 'We understand that Anakin Skywalker and his associates were of...special interest to the Emperor, and thought you would want to know.'

The Fourth Sister nodded, 'We believe Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano are helping the rebels. If they're alive, then Skywalker might be too.'

Vader turned the blade in his hand.

Ahsoka.

Obi-Wan.

Alive.

For a second, something flickered in his chest, something like...hope.

But it soured quickly.

How had they survived? Where were they when his life had been falling apart?

Obi-Wan was meant to protect the Senate! Lead the Jedi! Help the Galaxy!

Ahsoka was meant to protect Padmé! To protect the two hearts that seemed to beat in perfect sync.

Betrayal.

Pain became anger became hate.

They would pay for this. Vader would make sure of it.

'Find them,' Vader said, looking to the Grand Inquisitor.

He nodded, 'Of course, Lord Vader. It will be done.'

Vader left then, his fingers tightening on the blades and then they came apart in his hand, until nothing but two crystals remained. 

Ahsoka Tano.

Obi-Wan Kenobi.

***************************************************

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed. If you liked it, as always, please drop a vote and comment - I really appreciate it :D

Love you guys and see you next time,

Miss Birdie