Forgiveness

3rd person POV

Luna crossed off Gleam's band, meaning she wasn't going to be in the next round. Gleam saw this and growled in frustration.

...

"This is it, last round and you're in the finals." Sunset informed the group with a hopeful smile. "Unless you think the counterspell is ready to be played now." He said while looking at Dusk.

Dusk looked down nervously, not wanting to answer that. "Don't worry, Dusk, finals aren't until tonight. We'll get in a little more practice before we're supposed to hit the stage. We won't let you down." Applejack reassured the boy while giving him a determined smile.

"Yeah!" Everyone agreed with smiles of their own.

"You won't let me down." Dusk muttered as he looked away sadly.

"Um, I was just wondering, we haven't played any of my songs yet and-." Butterscotch was soon cut off by Rainbow Blitz.

"It's the semifinals. We've gotta do 'Awesome as I Wanna Be'." Blitz informed him with a playful bump on the shoulder.

"I don't know why I even asked." Butterscotch sighed in annoyance.

...

Trick: I've got tricks up my sleeve
See me dominate
'Cause I'm powerful and great

Trick finished the song with a smile as he threw his guitar pick in the air. It landed in Celestia's and Luna's table, but they didn't seem to mind. They were too busy clapping for the boy.

"Oh! Fantastic." Celestia complemented.

Trick smirked smugly as he walked off stage "You're never gonna top that performance, 'Raingoons'. You shouldn't be allowed to when you have such a big advantage over the rest of us." Trick glared at the group while crossing his arms.

"My superior guitar playing and off-the-charts awesome singing voice?" Blitz asked, oh so, smugly.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous." Trick rolled his eyes while waving his smugness off. "I mean him." He said while pointing at Dusk. Dusk blushed as he looked away while scratching the back of his neck. "If you were really all that, Rainbow Blitz, you wouldn't have needed to bring in some magical ringer to have half a chance." He smirked while looking down at his nails. "Everyone's talking about it."

"Ha! Please. I could win this thing as a solo act and everybody knows it." Blitz gloated making the other boys roll their eyes at him.

Even Butterscotch glared at the boy. "Sure, you could." Trick scoffed while smirking at Blitz. He suddenly grabbed a smoke bomb and threw it on the floor.

Everyone coughed as they tried to blow away the smoke with their hands, but Trick was gone. "He's gone!" Bubble Berry exclaimed in shock, until he blinked and smiled. "Oh, wait.
There he is." He pointed out while looking at Trick who was hiding behind his drums.

Trick tensed up and ran away after being discovered. "Next up, the Rainbooms." Celestia announced making the group perk up.

They all walked towards the stage, Blitz with a smile while the others were bored.

"Knock 'em dead, Rainbooms." Spike cheered while wagging his tail.

"I'll be here. Just watching." Sunset muttered as he looked at the ground in sadness.

...

A spotlight shone on Bubble Berry as he began to play the drums.