Chapter 7: First Snowball Fight

That morning, the first time of Yumiko's life to see Tooth was a moment to remember. Tooth was so happy that no words can be used to thank Pitch. Both the Nightmare King and the winter spirit just stood there watching the two girls talking and laughing non-stop. However, to Jack's eyes, they're not just friends at first sight but like a mother and daughter having a time of their life.

Tooth hold on to Yumiko's left hand and let her experience how it feels to be off the ground. Her sprite-like fairies played with her till noon. Tooth left along with her sprite-like fairies at 1pm since they have a 24/7 job. It was now only Yumiko, Pitch and Jack left at the lair.

"Hey, Yumiko. Wanna go out and play snowball?" asked Jack. Yumiko's smile slowly turns into a frown.

"What's wrong?" asked Pitch worriedly.

"I never made a snowball before. I never even touch it. I only step on snow," she answered. To Jack's surprised, he never met anyone who even touch snow.

"What? You never…. Touch snow?" asked Jack.

"Yumiko as a very curious child, don't you always disobey your elders and get out of the house?" asked Pitch.

"I did once back home but… a bully in my neighborhood put several pins or thumbtacks in the snowball and threw it at me which hit my forehead. My big brother had to bring to the emergency room at the nearest hospital," she explained as her body shakes a little from the horrible incident. Pitch couldn't imagine that any mortal not even a child could do anything as mean as that, especially to his newly adopted child.

"Then, today is a very special day," said Jack. Pitch smiles a bit as he knew what is going to happen next. Jack was going to repay his kindness.

"Why is that, Jack?" asked Yumiko.

"I'm going to give you your very first snow-day! We're going to play snowballs, make snowman and many more!"

"Honto ni honto ni? (Really? Really?) That's so awesome! It's beyond any coolness!" shouted Yumiko in pure delight as she jumps high.

"Then, Jack. I trust you in her care," said Pitch.

"You're not coming with us, daddy?" asked Yumiko in disappointment.

"I'm sorry, Yumiko. I can't go out. My body is practically made out of pure darkness and if it gets exposed to the sun, I get burned," explained Pitch. Yumiko nodded but in her heart she still wants him to watch her make snowballs for the very first time in her life. Yumiko wore a scarlet scarf, cute gloves and put on her hoodie. Jack lifts her up to the surface and brought her to Burgess.

"Where are we going?" she asked softly seeing the fact very few people can see the winter spirit of fun in his hometown.

"I want you meet a friend of mine. The very first child to ever see me and believe in me," he said as he smile. They walk into a neighborhood and stop at a very particular house. Seeing the fact that she's from another world, and she practically watched the movie, the house belongs to a boy and his little sister. Jack knocks on the door a few times and rings the bell. The two can hear little footsteps running down the staircase.

"Jack! It's you! Sophie, look it's Jack!" shouted Jamie in joy. Sophie came running as fast as her little feet can to the front door.

"Frostie, you're here! Who's the girl? Your friend-friend!" asked little Sophie. Jack smile as a sign of a 'yes'.

"This girl is a new friend of mine and she will be yours too, Jamie. We're going to give her the Snow-day of her life! Go call all your friends!" exclaimed Jack. Jamie and Sophie 'kyaa' scream and went to call their friends. In just a few minutes, Pippa, Cupcake, Caleb, Claude, and Monty arrived. All of them went to an open field.