Chapter 1 To The Cinema

In the metropolitan city, every children has a dream and strong beliefs on magical being like Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and all that. There is one little girl who stop believing on those stuff by the age of 7. I know, very young. Most kids will snap to reality by at least at the age of 10 but no this kid is different.

She used to have eyes that sparkle like the constellation and so full of hope and wonder. But all seems lost as her evil/naughty big brother Dick played several pranks on her which made her stop believing in hopeful stories.

All hope seems lost for Nanami Yumiko. Just call her Yumiko...

Until her father bought a book for her. It's not just a book. It's a picture book written by William Joyce entitled The Man in the Moon, MiM. She read the book every night before going to sleep and nightmares never came back to anymore. It was peaceful for her dreamland until Dick lost it during a family vacation. Nightmares, fear and sorrow came back into her sleep.

Thank God, Dreamworks made Rise of the Guardian. Appear at cinema on Movie night! Yumiko was so happy that she stares at the poster for more over than 30 minutes. Dick notice her and came to her.

"Sis, which movie do want to watch?" asked Dick.

"Boogeyman...,"

"Rise of the Guardians?"

"Boogeyman...is real...,"

"Rise of the Guardians it is. Dad, little sis wants ROTG!"

It was magic to her eyes, Jack Frost giving snow days to kids, Sandman's dream sand moving so lyrical, Toothfairy guarding the memories of children, North carving ice sculptures and Bunnymund's little egg walking around. However, there was one thing that bothered her. Pitch Black. All this time she hated the Boogeyman but never knew how hurtful it is to be fear and hated by all.

Boogeyman nerver had a friend nor a family. Sure he enjoys giving nightmares and spread fear to all but all he wanted was attention and maybe have something what the Guardians have; to be believed in...

The movie had ended and everyone is starting to leave the theatre. Dick and her father are already at the exit and didn't noticed Yumiko dropped her MiM picture book. They left her without turning back. It's not their fault. Yumiko has always been overlooked for over every moment of her life.

Sparkling portal similar to North's in the movie appear on the screen. Yumiko look at it with awe as she drops her MiM book. Then, the portal began to suck Yumiko. Seeing the fact Yumiko to be very light and short, she just got sucked up into the portal. Just like that. No struggle at all...