200 YEARS AGO

That night I had a dream. It wasn't like any other dream I had. It was more vivid to say.

I was at my parent's house. My parents were alive. I tried to move so that I can hug them, but I couldn't. I notice I was like a spectator watching the memories.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

"You ready," Mother said. She and father were in their adventure clothes. I see my mini-self running toward my father and mother. "Mom, Dad. Are you going out again?" I asked. "Yes sweetie we are, but don't worry we will only be gone for a few months." Mother said, "Be good for your grandmother and grandfather okay." Mini-me nodded. "Don't worry mom I will be a good boy for them."

Then fog surrounded me. My vision got clouded, then it became clear. I saw my parents going up a mountain and I was following around like a ghost. Mother and Father were digging looking for relics. "Honey! I found something!" Father yelled out as Mother went to take a closer look. "Dear this is a divine relic!" Mother yelled. She picked up a box that had strange paper covering it. "We must take it to the nearest town. We can make lots of money with it. We can do scientific research with it. But everyone knows Divine Powers are powerful. It could be dangerous if we open this." Mother said. Father agreed with her and the two went back into town.

For some reason, I was still there on the mountain. Then I heard a voice. "Ah, it seems they got Rhea's powers. Excellent! The plan is in motion. To create a Divine Being from a human being. I wonder, will they die or survive." I looked up and saw a hooded figure. The hooded figure looked at me and then disappeared. 'Strange'.

Fogged blocked my vision again. I was back at my grandparent's house. "Kai sweetie it will be okay. Your mother and father will be back" grandma said.

I remember this day. The day the curse started to take effect.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

My parent had just arrived back from their month-long adventure.

"Mom Dad your back early" Mini-me said "Yes we are- GWAH-" My dad coughed up blood all over. "Dad, are you okay?" Dad gave me a silent nod. "Kai you should go to your room." Mother said as I nodded and ran to my room.

My mom set my dad on the couch, where he continued to cough up blood. "Dear, are you sure you're okay" Mother quickly grabbed the medicine and gave it to father. "Don't worry I will be fine. Just don't know how to tell Kai" Father opened his bag and pulled out the box. "I believe this possesses great power. It seems that ordinary humans cannot adapt to it." Then Mother started coughing up too. "Yea I think so too. It may be cursed or a blessing to protect itself from evildoers" Mother said as they both slept on the couch for the night.

Mother and father, have been coughing for months now. At this point, I was getting worried. They both retired from adventuring due to their health. "Mom Dad, don't forget to drink your medicine." I was taking care of them as the curse got even worse.

Then one night, Dad froze. I think he saw me. "I think I need to get a glass of water," Father said as he left to go to the kitchen. He signaled me to come along. I followed him.

"Who are you" he whispered. "Uh..." I didn't know what to say. DAD CAN SEE ME! "Your Kai aren't you?" I nodded and quickly ran to hug my dad. "Kai listen. The Divine Relic is killing anyone near it. I believe itself" I nodded "It is a curse to protect it though not sure why it is there" Dad nodded. "Indeed it seems your younger self isn't affected as we are" "What do you mean we?" I asked Dad turned away. "You will be the only one surviving. Your grandparents got infected" I was completely shocked. Back then they mention it was a disease that killed them, but a lie to cover up the curse.