𝟙𝟞

As she laid eyes on the woman seated next to him, a rush of memories flooded her mind in a dazzling display

As she laid eyes on the woman seated next to him, a rush of memories flooded her mind in a dazzling display. It felt like a vivid light show, transporting her back to that moment in time.

The questions raced through her mind - what were the chances of crossing paths with that woman again? Would she ever meet that family once more? How could she possibly erase the memory of that day? Yet, she understood that those who choose to ignore or suppress the past are doomed to relive it.

In an instant, Jisoo's gaze dropped as she locked eyes with the woman. The realization hit her like a ton of bricks - JongSuk's mentor had been correct all along. He had crossed paths with her in the past. The memory of that fateful night at the restaurant 16 years ago came flooding back, a buried recollection she had tried to suppress. Meanwhile, Jisoo's father beamed with joy, reaching out to clasp his daughter's hand in excitement.

"This is my precious daughter, my dear friend! She was excited to meet you" her father exclaimed, filling Jisoo with bewilderment. She couldn't fathom how her father was now boasting and fabricating her supposed eagerness to meet the elderly man.

"Oh...she resembles her mother, Minji, so much! Such a stunning woman! May she rest in peace. Now I understand why my wife was so upset and troubled 16 years ago... when this beautiful woman rejected our Seokjoon's marriage proposal!" He remarked without a hint of hesitation.

"I was terribly ill and couldn't attend the dinner that evening! But here I am, finally getting to meet your daughter!" he exclaimed with a wide grin, his eyes fixed on Jisoo. She felt as though her soul was about to flee her body, the tension and awkwardness palpable. Beads of sweat began to gather around her neck, a physical manifestation of her discomfort.

"Taehoon... you know how I pleaded for your forgiveness after that. She was just a naive young girl!" Baekhyeon confessed to his friend. Jisoo let out a soft gasp upon hearing what her father had just referred to her as in front of everyone.

"Father?" Jisoo whispered in a hushed tone, giving his arm a gentle squeeze.

"I understand... it's all water under the bridge... no grudges held. Please, take a seat... we've been eagerly anticipating your arrival!" he reassured them, gesturing towards the table. On the opposite end of the table, Mihee, Haein's mother, observed her son's peculiar demeanor upon seeing the woman she unequivocally loathed for what she had done to her eldest son.

Her eyes fixated on his every move as he settled back into his seat. A slow, smoldering prickling sensation began to stir within her at the mere idea of her son being captivated by that woman yet again as in the past.

"Mihee... it's wonderful to see you once more!" Baekhyeon greeted as he took his place in his designated seat. Mihee forced a tight smile, though it was clear that her displeasure was not easily hidden.

"Seokjoon... why don't you introduce your wonderful family to the Kims?" Mihee suggested upon seeing Jisoo and Baekhyeon seated across the table. Seokjoon was taken aback, choking slightly on his wine at his mother's unexpected request.