Chapter 67: Claim The Win

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Game of Bones - Bone N Skin ] «

1:13 ──────── 4:43

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 02 - 27 - 2027 ║

║ Saturday║ Second Day of Olympia's Cup║

The crypt doors creak open, revealing the dimly lit tunnels beyond. It was dark and dank, the musty smell of decay filling my nostrils. We walked ahead, torch held high as we trudged deeper into the maze of tombs.

We had reached the Crypts of Bone, the second location in this cursed game.

As The Crypts of Bone now greeted us with its macabre spectacle, the automaton sentinel's voice we had heard before emerged from the darkness again. As if programmed to welcome us through ever single place here in the arena, cold lights glowed from the place lens-like eyes as it addressed us in a mechanical monotone, "Greetings to all of you, players number 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 13, from both the team of Amethyst Serpents & Scarlet Ravens - the unfortunate souls who have chosen to venture into this realm of decay. You have now reached the second stage of your trials, the Crypts of Bone..."

"The Crypts of Bone is a place of death and decay where the bones of the dead lie in piles, their skulls staring out with empty eye sockets, a place of gloom and perpetual darkness where the bones of those who came before now litter the cold, damp ground, a place where the darkness whispers and evil lingers..."

The automaton's preprogrammed words echoed ominously amid the crypts' vaulted ceilings and narrow walls as we steeled ourselves for the gruesome challenges that lay ahead within this place of death.

True to its words, the Crypts of Bone lies deep indeed beneath the earth, far from the light of day. As we descend the winding stone steps, a chill creeps into our bones and the whispers of the dead seem to echo from the walls. The air is stale and musty, filled with the scent of rot and decay.

As me and my teammates enter the vast chamber of bones, a place of perpetual twilight illuminated by flickering torches, bones of all shapes and sizes litter the floor in haphazard piles, forming hills of skulls that leer at us with sightless eye sockets. Tattered shrouds and fragments of armor cling to some of the more intact skeletons.

The shadows in this place of death seem alive, dancing across the walls and along the bone-littered ground. A faint moaning fills the air, as if the dead wish to speak from beyond the grave. The darkness here is heavy and oppressive, threatening to smother your light and pull you into an eternity of gloom.

"With the air is thick with dust, the smell of rot permeates everything as you walk through the catacombs lined with coffins, some open and empty, others closed but falling apart with age. The stench of decay fills the air as you walk the crumbling stone passages, your footsteps echoing off walls carved with ominous runes and symbols long forgotten. The dim torches cast shadows that seem alive and threatening as you navigate the maze of passages, some leading to dead ends, others opening onto rooms filled with defiled relics from times long forgotten. The flickering torchlight casts twisting shadows that seem alive and threatening, ready to swallow you into their depths at any moment..."