Chapter 17: Do I Wanna Know?

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ Do I Wanna Know - Artic Monkeys ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 4:32

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 07 - 2027 ║

║ Thursday║ Class Day ║

My head was spinning as I wound through the thrumming cafeteria. Every corner seemed to be a cacophony of whispers and glances in my direction. I tried not to pay much attention to it, but the noise was becoming too loud — like a growing storm that was threatening to blow me away. 

As I cascaded down the cold and unfamiliar path, passing by students who were chatting about me, I can hear occasional murmurs of my name and conversations that seemed to stop as soon as I approached. I felt like their incessant gossips about me was seemingly like ghost gliding across the floor, as their whispers and rumors followed me everywhere into every bits of the space. 

My stomach churned both nervously and furiously, and I wanted to turn around and run away. But I didn't. I kept walking, pretending I couldn't hear the snide remarks and judgmental stares. I kept my chin up and tried to ignore the gossips of others. 

As I did, I tried to stay focused, but it seemed like everywhere I turned, I could hear snippets of the conversations that surrounded me. I heard bits and pieces of the conversations like;

"Poor newbie, she looks like a kid that's out of place here,"

"We sit together in one of my class, I swear she's so fucking weird and mysterious as hell..."

"I heard her talking to herself during the lecture. Never thought she could go crazy this early, even though the worst part of the games didn't even started yet," 

All of their words made my system and emotions at a great mess, and I was at once ashamed and angry. I had never asked to be the center of such attention, and yet here I was, the subject of gossip and chatter.

I was already anxious enough about the games and every shit thing that exists in these four walls of mayhem, and now I was forced to endure this? What a hellish bummer it indeed is.

I tried to keep my head down and power through, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't tune out the murmurs. I told myself that I was better than that, but I couldn't ignore the fact that I was surrounded by criticism and disdain.

And so, with my raging emotions bubbling inside me, I pushed my feet to just walk faster and faster, wanting to be done with this entire experience as quickly as possible once again. I just wanted to get back to a place of comfort and solace, and this certainly wasn't it. The noise was relentless, and all I wanted was to be free of it. 

I felt like I had a target on my back, and I was just waiting for the moment when someone would finally cross the line. But even if all the rumors around me were true, I wouldn't let anyone bring me down.