"we could share it" -Miles Morales

Y/n had been walking the streets of Brooklyn on a particularly dreary day. When she reached the convenience store, she was just about to give up. The weather had already dampened her mood, and her stomach was growling. As she perused the baked goods aisle, her eyes landed on the last remaining pastry, a cinnamon bun.

She reached out to take it, but someone suddenly stepped in before her. Y/n glanced up just in time to see her classmate snatching the pastry away.

'Hey, that's mine!' she shouted, but then she noticed the amused smile spreading on his face.

'Hey, what's the rush?' he said laughing. 'My name's Miles Morales, and you're y/n l/n right, you're that new transfer student, I was just about to ask if we could share it instead, at least then we both get it.'

Y/n looked at him suspiciously, but one glance into his warm brown eyes made her feel strangely at ease.

'Okay,' she said, 'but I'm buying.'

She went to take out her wallet when the young man spoke again.

'No, let me get it. I can't just let you pay. It wouldn't sit right on my conscience..."

Y/n blushed as he placed the pastry in the basket and walked up to the counter to pay for it.

When they had left the store, Miles asked her if she wanted to sit down somewhere to share the delicacy. Y/n nodded, and they meandered to a nearby bench in the park. Sitting down together, they both dug into the pastry, and soon enough, all that was left was the few crumbs.

The two sat in comfortable silence for a while until Miles finally spoke again.

'Listen, I know it's a bit forward for me, but do you think I could have your number? I'd love to take you out sometime and show you my favorite places in town.'

Y/n smiled and dug around in her purse to grab a pen and a slip of paper. She handed the piece of paper to Miles, and before she knew it, he had already entered her number into his phone.

The young man smiled at her warmly before saying, 'Thanks, Y/n. I'll call you soon.'

As Y/n watched Miles walk away, she couldn't help but feel strangely happy for a day that had started out so dreary.