blood doesn't matter - Pavitr Prabhakar

Y/n had been keeping her past hidden from her best friend for two weeks. She had just recently found out that she was adopted, her friend Pavitr Prabhakar, for what seemed like an eternity. She had known him since she was a little girl, and he had grown to become her closest confidant. Despite how close they had grown, Y/n had kept the biggest part of her life hidden away.

One day, when the two of them were walking in the park together, Y/n finally mustered up the courage to tell Pavitr her secret. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she struggled to find the right words.

'Pavitr,' she said finally, a lump forming in her throat. 'I need to tell you something.'

Pavitr stopped walking and looked at her intently. 'What is it?' he asked, concern in his voice.

Y/n swallowed hard. She wasn't sure if he would believe her or accept her. With a trembling voice, she finally spoke.

'I'm...' she began, unable to finish her sentence.

Pavitr stepped closer and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. 'You can tell me,' he said quietly.

Y/n took a deep breath. 'I'm adopted,' she said, her voice quivering. She looked up into Pavitr's eyes, her own overflowing with tears. 'Do you believe me?' she asked.

Pavitr's gaze never left hers. After a moment, he nodded. 'Yes,' he said. 'I do, but that doesn't change anything, you're still y/n l/n and you're still my best friend, why would you being adopted change that, who cares what other people say, you love your family right, that's all that matters, you get to choose your family, not anyone else, sure they adopted you but family isn't determined by blood, you're beautiful and strong and no one can change that.'

Y/n felt a wave of relief wash over her at his words. She had been so afraid of his reaction - but Pavitr's unconditional acceptance gave her a newfound strength. With his support, she found the courage to share this newfound knowledge with her friends....