2

Trigger warning:
SA

In the car we had the music up and the windows down. The wind felt good and not cold at all. We got to Mavericks place and dropped him off. Chase said bye to him and when it was time for me Mav just nodded is head and waved. I did it back and he turned and went inside.
I wonder how he feels and what he's thinking. Was he really just gonna teach me to swim? Or did he have something else in mind? I kind of wish Chase had taken just an extra minute longer to come back so that I could know Mavericks plan.
~
The next time all three of us hung out was at a party that was thrown at one of of Mav's friends house. Chase had black jeans, a white t shirt and black and white shoes. I had light wash skinny jeans that really hugged my butt and hips, along with a black top. We picked up Mav and he was wearing all black. We got to the place and got out. I don't usually drink or smoke but Chase drinks and Mav smokes. So I think one of them are gonna want me to do something with them.
"You want to smoke Cel?" Mav asked me as he passes me his vape pen. I shrug and take a hit. It was a weed pen and I could tell immediately from the taste but I still inhaled it making me cough pretty bad. He pats and rubs my back as I grab onto his bicep for support.
"You're okay, Cel. Cough it out. Chase you want some?" Mav asks him. Chase takes a few hits and coughs but not as much as me. Mav takes a few hits unfazed and chuckles as us before he walks away into the crowd. Chase grabs a corona and starts sipping as we walk around find people we knew and talking. In the middle of talking to a group of people I look up and see Maverick smoking a cigar, probably filled with weed as he stares at me with low eyes. He was so hot that I blushed but it was unnoticeable due to the dim and discolored lights. There was a girl with long, straight, brown hair sitting real close to him. He passes her the blunt and she takes a puff grabbing his face and blowing it softly in his face. He smiles at her and that's when I look away. I felt a pit in my stomach that made me strangely angry. I forgot I was holding Chases arm and just dug my nails into him. He leaned down to me and quietly asked in my ear.
"Hey baby, you okay?" I looked up at him and nodded giving him a deep kiss. The people we were talking to looked away and chuckled as we began to make out. Which wasn't weird or anything there had to have been at least 3 other couple making out somewhere maybe in a corner or on a couch. Chase and I stumbled back until he hit a wall. His hands move all along my back and gets pretty touchy which I really liked and returned the favor to him. I was getting pretty into it when over the loud music I heard coughing from behind me. Chase heard it too and we pulled apart looking to see it was Maverick with a girl under his arm blowing out a cloud of smoke. Thats weird, he doesn't usually cough at all when he smokes. I step back under Chase's arm and wipe my lip gloss from my face with a grin.
"Y'all good? Chase you want another drink?" He asks, not acknowledging me or introducing the girl he has. She looks pretty high and drunk and probably couldn't really care less if she was introduced. Chase says yeah as he sets his empty bottle down. Maverick looks at me with a subtle annoyed expression. What did I do to him? I pulled Chases face down to mine and gave him another deep kiss but not letting it turn into a make out. When I pulled away, Maverick had his jaw clenched and had a cold look on his face. He looks down at the girl and whispers something in her ear, she nods and walks away from him.
"Come on dude let's get your drink. Cel you want this blunt?" He asks handing it to me. It wasn't much left of it so I decided to try to finish it off. They go to the kitchen and I stay there taking small puffs. Maverick comes back without Chase. I put it out on a nearby ash tray and when I went to look at him it seemed hard to. My eyes felt real heavy and my head felt light. I smiled at him for no reason making him chuckle.
"You good? Feeling it huh?" He asks. I nod and giggle.
"Weren't you just mad?" I say to him. He walks closer to me.
"Do me a favor. Don't make out like that in front of me, alright?" He asks in a dead serious tone. His eyes till very low and his voice raspy. It made me weak and I licked my lips thinking about us at the beach. He grins looking down at my lips.
"Why?" I ask teasingly. He looks annoyed again and looked away. I felt really bold from the high and grabbed his face like the girl did and asked him again in the same tone. This shocked him and he didn't do much at first but swallow hard. I let go and giggled. I decided to play it off and lightly hit his arm.
"Just messing with you. It's probably weird for you to see your best friend making out in front of you. It's cool." I say as cool and collected as I could. His eyebrows slightly furrowed and then cleared his throat.
"Yeah..y-yeah. Uh. Yeah. He's in there taking shots by the way. You want some?"
I shake my head no.
"Can we sit somewhere? He can have his fun." I say and sit at the nearest seat with happened to be a two seater couch.
"Uh actually I gotta go talk to someone. I'll let Chase know you're here and I'll come back to check on you alright?" He says and I shook my head.
"No Mav. Please just sit with me." I ask him not wanting to be alone. He thinks about it for a second, looking behind him as if looking for the person he needs to talk to.
"You'll be okay Cel, I'll be back in a few don't worry." He says then looks at me to make sure I was okay before waking away. I mumble some mean words under my breath and lay my head down on the couches arms. I almost nod off when I feel a weight sit next to me, my eyes couldn't fully focus when I turned to look at who it was. I could see the colors of his clothes, red shirt and blue jeans. Not Chase or Maverick. I try to ignore him but the couch was so small that our thighs kept touching so I tried to get up but couldn't. That's when I realized I was greened out pretty bad. For a non smoker, a hit of a weed pen and the last of a blunt greened me out? God that's really embarrassing.
Internally, I was panicking and could hear my heartbeat in my head. I was hoping that either of them was coming soon. The guy puts the hand on my thigh and rubs it. I wanted to scream but nothing would come out. I wanted to move but I was stuck. I was completely vulnerable. He kept rubbing and leaned into my neck and sloppily kissed all over. My instincts kicked in and made it so that I was able to lean away and weakly push him away. That did nothing but make him grab my wrists and hold them down as he continued to rub and kiss. I was getting really scared and couldn't hold back a tear that then rolled down my cheek as I kept squirming and moving my head away. I looked around to anyone to help me but no one seemed to notice.
"Celeste?"
"Baby?"
I looked up again and saw Maverick and Chase standing there in disbelief. They saw my tears and extremely uncomfortable demeanor. I mouthed 'help me' and they sprung into action. Maverick pulled the guy off with so much strength that the guy fell onto the ground. Chase picked me up off the couch, I hugged him really tight and wiped my tears on his shirt. We were causing a scene now and a small crowd watched as Maverick had the guy on the ground and held his fist over the guys face.
"Mav! Don't do it bro!" Chase yelled out while holding me close.
"Get the fuck off me!" The guy shouted at Maverick. Maverick picked the guy's head up a little off the ground then slammed it back down and cursed at him to get out. The guy scoffs and gets up walking out the door angrily.
"Baby? Are you okay my sweetheart? Oh my baby I'm so sorry." Chase picked me up and held me like a baby. I wasn't crying anymore but I just had my face in his neck because I was scared and still shaken up. Maverick walks up to us and touches my back softly.
"C-Celeste?" I never heard Maverick stammer before. I lift my head turn to look at him. My mascara stained my cheeks. His expression softened and I could tell he felt bad.
"Celeste. I'm so..so sorry." His voice was soft and gentle. It made me feel instantly better. But I look up at the man holding me close and just want to cry again for a completely different reason.
"It's okay, Mav. It's not you're fault."
"No you asked me to stay with you and I didn't. I'm sorry."
"I'm sure you had something important to do it's alright." I sniffled. He looks down shaking his head.
"I went to talk to a girl, not important at all." He looks like he was gonna either cry or punch someone. Chase puts his hand on Mav's shoulder.
"Listen man you didn't do anything wrong. That asshole is who did wrong. Let's get her out of here though." They agreed and carried me outside and into the car. As my head is laid on Chase's shoulder, I watch as Maverick follows behind with his head low and looking at the ground. He felt so guilty. But so did I. We weren't even there for an hour.
"Wait guys," I get Chase to put me down then I wipe my face and fix my hair, straightening my posture to make me seem like I was okay. "Guys I'm okay. We haven't been here long enough to leave. I'm okay I swear."
Maverick lifts his head and looks at Chase who was looking back at him. They had a slightly confused look on their faces.
"Are you sure?" Maverick asked me. I nod my head and as I get in between them I wipe my face again.
"Yeah I'm okay. It scared me that's all but I'm fine, I wanna have fun tonight." I look at Maverick with a forced smile. "Please?"
He takes a deep breath and him and Chase have a conversation by just looking at each other, then I feel Chases hand on my back.
"Okay but stay close to me." He tells me and I nod, smiling as he kisses my head. We all walk back into the party and no one seems to have cared as they're all in their own worlds. I let out a breath of relief and follow Chase through the house with Maverick behind me. We get to the kitchen and Chase pours up two more shots.
"How many is that for you?" I ask him. He holds up five fingers as he downs the first one. Oh great. I gotta deal with drunk Chase tonight at home. He downs the next one and I feel a nudge from Mav. I look at him and he's grinning at me.
"Wanna go smoke?" He asks. I don't respond at first, not wanting to leave Chase's side. He rubs my back softly making me relax my whole body.
"I'll be right next to you the entire time I promise." He tells me. I nod and we let Chase know exactly where we're going. He seems pretty drunk at this point. Too drunk to protect me anymore, so we find him somewhere to sit and we go. Maverick takes me out the back door and we sit on some chairs. He pulls mine closer to him by the arm of the chair and I slightly smile to myself.
"Hey. Are you sure you're okay after what happened?" He asks as he pulls out the pen and takes a hit passing it to me. Again he didn't cough.
"Yeah I'm okay. Guys are just.. fucking pigs." I make a disgusted face and look away.
"Yup. Yup they are." He chuckles. I take a hit and cough pretty bad again. He smiles.
"That's kind of cute." He says making me look up at him. I take another hit and cough more. He kind of chuckles and rubs and pats my back. As I'm fighting for my life a girl walks outside and stops.
"Mavyy!" The girl with the long brown hair slurs her words and sloppily sits in his lap sideways. He glances at me with an annoyed look which made me kind of laugh looking away. He puts his hand on her outer thigh squeezing it.
"Hailey. What are you doing out here?" He asks. She looks at him with this permanent smile and low eyes.
"Looking for you baby." She leans in and starts making out with him. "You just left me in the room when things were getting hot." She bites her lip and traces shapes with her finger on his chest. He keeps glancing at me as I try not to make it so obvious that she was really annoying me. I just kept taking small hits of the pen, getting more and more high while coughing quietly.
"Yeah uh, my friend needed help. I was gonna come back." He lied.
"Well can we continue it now?" She changed her position putting her legs on either sides of his lap, now straddling him in the chair which did not look comfortable. I sat back and didn't say anything, wanting to know how this was going to play out. She kept kissing him and I just wanted to either get up and leave them alone or drag her off by her hair. I felt my heart beat getting stronger.
"We're outside Hailey, really? I'm chilling with a friend right now can you chill?" He says but his hands were on her hips. It made me so irritated that I just give his pen back and stood up.
"Y'all are good I should probably find Chase now anyway. I'm gonna go." And without letting him get a word in I walked back inside. I found Chase acting a fool with a crowd of other drunk and high people dancing and grinding. He saw me and sloppily made it over to me.
"Babyyy! Hiii sexy!" He grabs my waist and kisses my face all over. I could smell the alcohol and I hated it. Softly pushing him off I take his hand back into the crowd and start dancing to the music. In front of him I start swaying my hips and grinding, his hands on my hips and squeezing. I close my eyes, enjoying the music and moving to the beat. Chases hands felt so strong and big and the grip on my hips loosened. His hands travel down to my things and back up to my waist and stomach. My eyes still closed I couldn't help but thing of Mav outside with that girl. Probably making out and touching. The thought of Maverick in my head and the hands feeling my body combined. My eyes snap open as I realizing I'm imagining Maverick in Chase's place.