02

02  MAY 20TH, 2020JEJU ISLAND

02
MAY 20TH, 2020
JEJU ISLAND

The start of summer break is always supposed to be relieving. You didn't have to focus on school, the weather was nice, there were more things to do... and most of all, there was the beach. You traveled hours to Busan this morning and though you should feel exhausted all you could think about was dipping your toes in the sand.

Without a care in the world, you kicked off your shoes, dropped your bags to the floor and headed right to the shore with a smile on your face. The people behind you just laughed as they picked up your things watching you run to where the tide met the shore.

"Careful, the locals will think you've never seen the ocean before," Jin teased as he helped your sister carry your suitcase. You ignored him as you went into the water fully dressed letting the salt water reach up to your thighs, "But it feels so good!"

"Alright but don't get more wet or else you're not riding in his truck, come on your shit is heavy," your sister groaned as she lifted the suitcase as proof. With a small huff you trudged back out of the water, immediately feeling the way the sand stuck to your wet feet grossly.

"Is Kook working today?" Your sister asked but she was too out of reach for you to hear. Her boyfriend looked out at the beach, far into the water where the waves seemed to fold over into themselves was a guy on a surfboard, wet hair and smile on his face.

"He's supposed to be," Jin said with a shrug, "We'll stop by later and see what's up. Let's just get Y/n's stuff home and then deal with that later."

The drive to Jin's beach house was only a couple minutes, it was an easy walk from the beach but since they picked you up from the airport it took a lot longer. His house was huge with a modern beach house look with ocean views and bright colors. When they showed you the room you would be staying at for the next couple of months you took no time in unpacking and getting everything ready for your stay.

"We're gonna go get a bite to eat on the boardwalk, are you coming?" Your sister asked a couple hours later when you had finally finished and rested up.

This summer you were going to be staying with her and her boyfriend, Jin. You owe him a big thank you for letting you stay with them, it was a well needed getaway from your everyday life. You understand now why your sister packed up her things and followed him to this island. It was peaceful.

You learned a lot about the boardwalk when you joined them for an early dinner. The sun was barely beginning to set and the tide was high but it was all beautiful nevertheless. As it turned out, Jin and his family owned most of the businesses here from the restaurants to surf and apparel shops. It made sense why it seemed like everyone knew who he was everywhere you turned. They would all ask about you and he would introduce you like you were their king lost child who was visiting for the summer and you basically were. You always ran to your sister when you had problems.