15

15PRESENT DAYSEOUL

15
PRESENT DAY
SEOUL

          To be honest, this is probably the first time in your life you've ever admit this but... you're a bit envious of Jiyoung.

You don't know the exact reasons why but it can't just be because she's with Jungkook, right?

There's other reasons too, you think, Jiyoung's outgoing. She knows how to brighten up a room when she walks in it and she's outspoken. She's nice and she's funny and her laugh is contagious so maybe that's you feel jealous?

It doesn't help that she's gorgeous, skin smooth as silk and her hair was so soft. You know she's prettier than you.

Jungkook...

Jungkook can't be the main reason why. You don't want him to be. You wanted to continue to pretend like the two of you have never been anything more than distant strangers and he's gone on to live happier with your friend. This was your fault anyway, you're the one who left him.

You can't be jealous that she has Jiyoung, because it's not fair to either of them. Not to mention, Jungkook wants nothing to do with you now so you've got no right to be jealous of his girlfriend. That just makes you a bad friend.

You don't want to be a bad friend to her...

"We're getting lunch now, right?" Jiyoung asked as she typed away on her phone walking alongside you. Shopping bags lined her wrists from various stores while you carried a single bag with you, nodding your head in a silent response.

You didn't pay much mind to her when the two of you got to the trendy restaurant. You found a table against the wall and went to look at the menus.

"What are you going to get?" You asked her curiously. It's been a while since the two of you hung out alone and lately you feel like you've been distancing yourself more from than what is fair. That's why you decided to come out with her in hopes of just having a good time together.

"I'm not sure yet, I—" she cut herself off as she looked behind you, waving eagerly, "Baby, over here!"

Your body tensed up, not willing yourself to turn but very aware of who was walking behind you. It felt similarly like a betrayal, unsure why she would feel the need to make someone else tag along instead of just being with you. When your eyes met Jungkook's as he sat down, he seemed just as surprised to see you in front of him.

"Am I... interrupting?" Jungkook asked his girlfriend, unable to help but glance your way watching you pretend to be focused on the menu.

The last thing he expected today was to run into you. When Jiyoung asked him if he had any lunch plans, she invited him out for a meal but didn't mention anything about you being here too. He thought about staying at the studio and getting some stencils done but after some begging he finally agreed and tried to rush out the studio. Now, he's not sure how to feel.