14 - I Wonder If We Can Be Friends?

「While I am glad that Myuri is unharmed... Just what was that mana I felt?」

Myuri's brother had a curious expression on his face, perhaps just out of sight of Myuri.

「Oh, mister Hero made a tower for me.」

「Mister Hero? Tower?」

At that moment, the son of the Demon King finally took in his surroundings, looked at me, then the tower, and then he screamed.

「WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!」

I kinda forgot that we were within the royal palace. The level of importance and security are exceedingly high.

In fact, before Myuri's brother arrived, I could sense strong individuals surrounding us.

Some were even on the same level as Eleanor...

The reason they didn't show themselves is that they already knew.

Knew that I was the perpetrator and apparently erected a tower while playing around.

As to how they knew... I could sense Eleanor running around explaining to them.

It seems that Eleanor isn't the only one covering for me.

『Maybe it's someone from that group of Seven.』

The seven girls with powerful mana, Eleanor included, that I rescued five years ago.

I heard that they all felt indebted to me and all of them are residing in this country.

I don't sense any anger coming from those vigilant people nor from Myuri's surprised brother.

However, there is no doubt that I did something thoughtlessly.

Even if it was by accident, people who were in the middle of their work or even a break were dispatched because of this. I should apologize.

Just as I think that, an idea popped into my head.

I hold out Mika.

「She did it.」

『Hey! Are you selling me out without a single explanation?!』

「Treasure sword incident.」

I say nonchalantly, to which Mika jolted.

I didn't even care about that treasure sword that some random king, who I can't remember, gave me, but because she broke it, I got yelled at by the other five.

I thought this would be good as a little payback.

If she gets in trouble, I'll tell the truth about the-

『...Gr, th-that's right! Rain did nothing wrong! I made this tower!』

...Huh?

「...The Hero's holy sword has a mind of its own?」

『Yeah! Sorry for all the noise! Boil me! Fry me! Do whatever you need to as punishment!』

Not like boiling or frying would hurt Mika at all, but she's just trying to carry all the blame on her shoulders. Wait, does she have shoulders?

「Sir Hero took no part in this?」

『Yeah! If you get it, then hurry up and drag me around town like the criminal that I am and hang me in front of the townspeople!』

Neither of which will put a scratch on her.

It might be more effective to wrap her up in curtains. It'll probably tickle her.