Chapter three

Bruce's POV:

Wow. We are stuck! We've looked everywhere, and we can't find anything to bust open the door, nor an alternative exit. Not even an air duct. I'm surprised we're still able to take deep breaths.

"What do we do now?" I hear Sita ask.

"Um, I don't know," Phoenix says exasperated. "Is there a basement?"

"I believe so." I answer. "Shall we go?"

"Lead the way, babe."

We walk to the basement door, and open it on the count of three. We look in, and see a rickety, metal, spiral staircase.

"Any volunteers?" Jane wondered.

"Nope," I think. "Absolutely not me."

I look to my left and see Phee grabbing a spear off the wall

"What are you gonna do with that?" Sita asked, referring to the weapon in their hand.

"I've gotten first place in javelin since 8th grade, nothing will get past me." they state.

They walk down the stairs, and we wait until we see the room become dimly lit to know that they're okay. After about ten minutes, I start to see things. In the corner of my eye, I can see what looks like a blurry, shadowy figure. But every time I turn my head to look in that direction, It disappears.

"We're gonna head down now, see what's taking so long." I hear Jane announce.

"Ok," Desmond says. "I'll stay here. Did you want to as well, Bruce?"

"Yeah, I'll stay." I replied.

They head down, and the shadow appears again. But this time, it's bigger, and it's not blurry anymore. And it's coming right at me. I slowly start taking steps backwards, trying to evade this creature. But it's no use. It starts to hover faster, and it's out for blood. My blood.

"Bruce, are you ok?" Desmond asks, sensing my fear.

"He must not be able to see it," I thought. "I'm all alone, then."

Before I can utter a reply, I take one step back too many and I fall back onto the stairs. I let out a scream, and

everything

goes

black.

Thanks so much for reading, see you in the next chapter!