Epilogue

One year later...

Phoenix's POV:

A lot has happened since our escape from the cabin in the woods. Sita and I ran through the forest to get to the road, and waited for half an hour for a car to come that we flagged down. The driver saw how much distress we were in, and called 911 for us. An ambulance and a few cop cars came, and we explained what happened to them. Most of the cops thought that we were faking, but the paramedics believed us, and went through the forest to find the cabin. About ten minutes later, they came back and confirmed that there was a cabin in the woods. When I told them how many bodies I saw, they called for backup. They all went in while Sita and I stayed with the cops. Apparently, the paramedics busted down a wall to get inside. They found the bodies where I said they would be, and started putting them all in body bags. When Sita found out about the bodies, she was furious with me for not telling her. I overheard on the cops' radio that they ran out of body bags. The first body they wheeled out of the forest was Bruce. Apparently, some of the bodies were from people who died in the '40s. The fucker who held us has been doing this for generations, or his family has. Sita and I kept our promises to Jane, and her dad had a huge bruise on his face for a week after her funeral, courtesy of me. Sita and I had a rough rest of our school year without our friends. A lot of people tried to take advantage of the fact that we were mourning our losses. We finished grade 11 quietly, not seen talking to anyone other than each other, family, and teachers. We refused to do any interviews for small news and gossip channels, only doing things for big national and international broadcasting channels. We're currently three days past the one year anniversary, and it's a lazy Sunday for me. I'm in my pyjamas with Sita on my couch, watching The Return of the Living Dead. All of a sudden, I get a call from an unknown number. I pick up and answer.

"Hello? Who is this?" I ask the mystery person.

The voice I hear almost makes me drop my phone.

"Phee," He rasps. "It's me."

A tear rolls down my cheek.

"Bruce?"

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! My baby is finally done! I really hope that you have enjoyed this story, and look forward to a sequel coming out in a few months, maybe next year, depending on my schoolwork. Thank you so much for reading, see you in book 2!