Chapter four

Phoenix's pov:

This can't be happening. Why is this happening? Why him? Why me? This shouldn't be happening. But it is. I start sobbing, unable to accept this. I look around, and see Jane and Sita trying to ignore him. Bruce.

"You did this!" I hear Jane scream.

I look up and see her running at Desmond.

"Jane!" Sita shrieked. "He didn't hurt him!"

"She's right!" Desmond agrees. "I didn't do anything. He just walked back into the stairs."

"Bullshit!" Jane yells. "Of course you did it!"

"Fuck off." I say through tears. "He didn't do this."

"Yes he did!"

"Wow. You're dumber than I thought. Desmond can't even kill spiders. He calls me to do it!"

"Everybody stop arguing!" Sita pleads. "Can we all just please get out of the basement?"

"I'm not leaving him here." I announce.

"When we find a way out, we'll come back for him. Okay?" Sita tells me.

"Okay." I confirm. "Let's go."

Just before we go back up, I see a case of throwing knives hanging on a wall. When the fuck did that get there? I don't ponder it to much, and take the case, shoving the knives in my leather jacket.

"The fuck's that?" Jane asks me.

"Protection." I answer. "You never know what might happen."

Jane gives me a look, and I realize what I said.

"Not that kind of protection, you ass. Get your mind out of the gutter."

"Sorry Phoenix."

"Yeah, yeah."

We get back up to the main floor, and fully process everything that happened. I check the time, and it's 9:52 AM.

"Fourteen more hours." I declare.

"Good to know." Desmond says.

"We haven't gone upstairs yet. We should probably go scout the area, try to find a way out." I suggest. 

"Okay." Sita agrees. "Why not?"

We climb the stairs in a single-file line - me in the front, Jane and Sita in the middle, Desmond in the back - and make our way to the first room on the left. I open the door, and it's a child's bedroom. The wallpaper is bubblegum pink, the bed has a polka-dot duvet set, the porcelain dolls perfectly organized on a shelf in cute little dresses.

"Wait a minute," Sita says, breaking the silence. "This was my room as a kid."

"What?!" Jane asks confused.

"My room looked like this until grade 9." She confirms. "It's identical."

Sorry for such a long wait for this filler chapter, I was on vacation for a while and had major writer's block. Thanks so much for reading, see you in the next chapter!