Chapter one

Phoenix's pov:

I wake up in an unfamiliar place, gasping for air. Where am I and how did I get here? The grogginess I feel is identical to the feeling you get when you wake up after being roofied. Great. I look around the room, and I see four other people - all of whom I know- waking up from what is probably the same drug used on me, a creepy-looking copy of American Gothic on the wall, and dust. So. Much. Dust. It’s almost as if this place has been abandoned for over 15 years. It looks like we are in some sort of (probably locked) cabin in the woods.

The people in this room are Sita; the school’s golden girl, Desmond; every homophobe’s number 1 target because of his kind heart, Bruce; the transmasc school genius/my boyfriend of 7 months, Joey/Jane; the star athlete of the school and semi-closeted trans girl (went to the queer/trans outreach as an ‘ally’, came out to a select few, myself included), and then there’s me: the neurodivergent, gothic, non-binary person who hates human interaction. I’m snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Bruce start speaking.

“Is everyone okay?” he asks.
His answers are a mix of ‘Yeah’s’ and ‘I think so’s’. 
“Is it just me, or is there a message carved into the wall?” I hear Sita point out.
We all look to the wall and see this: 

YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT TO ESCAPE OR YOU WILL BE TRAPPED HERE FOREVER…

“Nope. Not just you.” I answer. I look down at my watch and see that the time is 3:24 A.M. “It’s almost 3:30, we have about 20 ½ hours left to escape before who knows what happens to us.”
"Let's split up." Jane tells us.
"No you idiot." I sigh. "Have you never seen a horror movie? Split up and everyone dies, excluding the final girl."
"Phee, be nice." Bruce mumbles.
"How about no? She gave an idiotic suggestion."
"Phoenix, since you're the horror movie buff out of us, do you have any suggestions as to what we should do?" Desmond asks.
"Under no circumstances do we split up. We stick together, find as many tools as possible, and get the fuck out of here."

Thank you so much for checking out my story, see you in the next chapter!