Chapter 4

Avyansh's POV

I couldn't stop myself when I got to know that she is going on a so-called date and I ended up showing at the same cafe where right now I am sitting just across her and this silence is getting on my nerves.

I keep watching her but my patience breaks the moment she keeps her hand on his hand.

It's good that he didn't reciprocate this else I would have made sure to chop that hand.

Getting up I went towards her and sat on the empty chair.

"I got to know about your engagement from your dad" I voiced out coming straight to the point.

She lifted her head up and looked at me, I could sense the disappointment of my presence in her eyes but apart from that those eyes held something.. something which I couldn't decipher.

"Is that the reason why you showed up out of nowhere ? To tell me that you know about engagement ?" She fired me with questions and couldn't even wait for me to answer.

Getting up with a jerk she exited the cafe and I followed her and matched her speed blocking the path to the parking area.

The guy came back after us to which Avika nodded him to leave.

"If you're here for a small talk then that's something we don't have time for" she said stepping aside to grab the handle of the car door but I gripped her arm.

"Speak for yourself Raghuvanshi. It's 'You' not 'We' because I do have time" I said keeping my voice low yet firm.

My eyes travelled from her brown orbs to pink plump lips and her slender neck.  For the first time I was standing this close to her and she is more beautiful than the pictures I have seen.

She was glaring at me and my hand which was still holding her arm. I let her hand go and made a gap between us.

"Avyansh, Are you following me? Who infor-

"Shhhhh" I kept my index finger on her lips stopping her sentence in between

"I came here to talk to you, so stop running and let me say first " I said

She opened her mouth to say something but stopped and took it as a chance.

"Is it Raghav?" I asked

I could see the color draining from her face and my guess turned to answer.

" So it's Raghav then. You aren't getting married to that man" I said every word to make sure.

I would never let her marry anyone except me.

"Who are you to decide about my marriage? And why do you even think I'll listen to you out of everyone? Stop interfering in my life and stop following md" she said and pushed my arm with a jerk and opened the door of the car.

I clenched my jaw and pulled her out caging between my arms

"You have no idea what I am capable of but first listen to my plan and then take your time for consideration" I said trying my best to assure her.
I didn't have a single bit of patience but this woman always had to test it.

"The engagement is in the coming days so we can go to your dad and say that we are in a relationship and we want to get married -

"What are you? An idiot? Oh of course you are because this is such a bullshit idea if you think dad will agree with you and say yes to the marriage" she said before I could complete

Her breath was heavy as she spoke and the closeness between us didn't do good at all. Taking a step back I crossed my arms and pinched my nose to gain a little more patience for convincing this woman.

"So where were we?" She asked coughing

"That we don't have to be in a 'marriage' but we can pretend to be in one and if it's related to your company, I can help you"

"This Will be one of the reasons to convince your dad" I said adding further

"And what are the other reasons?" She asked raising her eyebrow

Chop his hands and feed him

"I don't think you're a man who helps someone out of kindness and you helping me, is not at all a kindness" she said crossing her arms and taking a step forward

Why wouldn't I help her? Does she think so low of me?

You know you aren't helping her

My inner voice said.

"Take your time and think about it. When you are ready for it you know how to contact me" I said turning back to leave

"And I have arranged the papers" saying I started the engine of my car.