Past Memories

Mansi visited the temple just as usual and after distributing the prasad to the children playing around she sat at a corner. It was her usual pass time. She remembered how she and Sam's father always visited temples on mondays whenever he was home and after that they would sit in a corner and talk and laugh together. Missing him Mansi started talking to herself as if she is talking to him.

M:- Dekho na sb kitna acha ho raha hai dheere dheere... Samrat aur Pakhi ki shaadi ho gyi aur Pakhi hmari bahu. Aap mazak me kehte the na ki Pakhi ke sirf ghr me aane se ghr me khushi aa jati h...isiliye aap ise hi apni bahu banayenge ab dekho vo Bahu hai apki...uske aate hi Samrat fir se pehle jaisa ho rha h...

She teared up a little.

M:- Jb aap gye aur fir Pakhi ke aai baba uske baad Samrat ke dimaag pe bohot bura asar pada tha yha tk ki vo sb kuch bhul gya tha stroke ki vjah se prr dheere dheere use kuch baate yaad aa gyi pr Pakhi ya uske aai baba aur apki maut ki baat nhi... Doctor ne kaha ki uska dimaag jaan buch kr usse ye memory chupa rha h... Uske baad Samrat duniya ki nazar me ek hasta khelta hmesha mazak krne wala aur apni badi mami ka ladla bn gya pr mujhse uske ankhon ke piche chupa datd hmesha dikhta tha....

She wiped her tears

M:- Ab bss ek baar unn logo ki asliyat sabe aa jaye... Ab lgta h...Samrat ko bhi sb batane ka time aa gya h... Pakhi ne dheere dheere krke use kuch baten batayi h...pr sb nhi ab vo ready hai sach sunne ke lie...

Mansi got up and went to her home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she entered the room the lights were switched off which was weird because she left it on. Her mind was on alert now so she kept the puja thaali on the table and switched on the lights only to find Samrat sitting on another side of the bed with his head hung low and shoulders slumped.

M:- Samrat? Bada tu yha aise kyu baitha h...?

Mansi walked up to him but stopped when she found the old album in his hands. Samrat was staring at a particular picture. Mansi was scared because the doctor had told her years ago that suddenly getting all the memories back can be dangerous so she must not let him find anything that triggers his trauma.

She had kept this album hidden becausd it mostly consisted of photos of his childhood with Pakhi and her brother and even their parents.

The picture Sam was currently looking at was when he was 10 just a year before their life crumbled.

Sam was standing with a boy of same age and between them was a cute little girl with two ponytails. The boys held each of her ponytail up in their and and she smiled showing her teeths which had a gap since two of het milk teeth were broken at that time. Behind them their parents were standing.

It looked like a happy family. Who would have thought they'll loose everything just because of someone's greed.

M:- Sa-- Samrat ye album kaha se mili tujhe?

He looked up with emotionless face.

S:- Ye kon hai aai? Ye album maine kyu nhi dekhi kabhi...?

M:- Ye...ye vo tumhare papa ke friend the aur ye dono unke bache....vo mei ye album rakh ke bhul gyi thi iss umar me kuch yaad hi nhi rehta h.... Tujhe kaha se mili ye?

He stared at her and caught the nervousness in her voice.

S:- Ajeeb hai na aai aap album bhul gyi aur mei in album ki yaadon ko....

M:- M...mtlb?

S:- Aai ab ye log kaha h...?

M:- Huh? Umm vo pata nhi bada... Kahi dur hai ye sb ab pr jaha bhi h...khush honge