Ch 1. The fight

"Well what about us?" Will asks as Mike starts walking away. "What?" Mike turns around. "You're mad that I didn't talk to you? Seems like you made it super clear that you're not interested in anything I have to say." Will says, walking closer to Mike. "That's just not true." Mike replies, he's been paying attention to Will the whole time but he now realizes that Will barely got to talk to him. "You called maybe a couple times, it's been a year Mike. Meanwhile El has a book of letters from you." "That's because she's my girlfriend, Will." "And us?" There it is. The question Mike had thought about ever since Will moved. He knew he liked him, he just never wanted to tell him that, so he just lied. "We're friends! We're friends." Mike sounds more like he's trying to convince himself. "Well we used to be best friends." Will says. "Well then maybe you should've reached out more, I-I don't know? But why is this on me? Why am I the bad guy?" Mike instantly regrets saying every word. Will opens his mouth to say something but he can't find what to say. "Let's just... let's just find her, okay?" Mike says, his voice softer now. Mike walks away and Will follows him. They look for El and eventually find her after 10 minutes. "Hey, you okay?" Mike asks her. "Can we just go home?" She looks up and both Will and Mike see all the tears rolling down her face. "Yeah, of course!" Mike says, he smiles a bit and nods. They all get up and Will calls Jonathan to pick them up. After a few minutes they all see Argyle's car and get in. The drive home is silent except the two up front who are very obviously high.

When they get home they see Murray talking to Hopper and Joyce. "Murray!" Jonathan says, the sound of his voice making it super obvious he's high. Joyce doesn't notice this of course.

Murray makes food so they all eat, in silence, the only times they talk being Argyle and Jonathan whispering and Murray, Hopper, and Joyce talking, mostly about work. Will didn't feel like eating, he just got in a fight with his best friend since kindergarten for the second time. He remembers the fight they had last year in the rain and how Mike had came to apologize. Mike just isn't talking, he doesn't know what to say after today. No one notices Will's untouched plate other than Mike. He feels bad, he needs to apologize, he doesn't know what to say but he doesn't want to just fight with Will and leave it at that. After eating in loud silence they all go to there rooms while Mike goes with El. He wants to try and talk about what happened with Angela and about all the lying. Will just goes to his room, he wants to cry but he can't, they'll hear him. He changes and brushes his teeth and goes to bed.

El and Mike end up not talking but instead Mike walks out and into Wills rooms. "Hey, Will?"
Will opens his eyes, "Yeah?" He's tired and you can tell by his voice. "Uh.. is it okay if I uh sleep in here? Like on the floor? El won't talk to me now." He looks down. "Yeah, of course. There's extra pillows and blankets in the closet out there." Will points outside of the room. "Okay, thanks." Mike says before walking out to the closet Will pointed to. "Mhm." Will lays his head down. Mike makes a bed on the floor and tries to fall asleep but he can't, he can't fall asleep knowing that he hasn't apologized to Will.