Ch 8. The question

It had been a few months and Mike and Will had called almost everyday and just like Mike promised he sent letters to Will.

"Mike! 5 minutes or you're walking to school!!" Nancy yelled from downstairs. Mike finished brushing his hair and ran down the stairs. He grabbed a piece and toast and rushed out the door since Nancy was in the car already. "Bye!" He said to his parents as he left. When Mike got outside Nancy was already about to leave. "Wait! NANCY!" He yelled as he sprinted to the moving car. "You took 6 minutes Mike." She says. "One minute off!" He argues. "Whatever." Nancy rolls her eyes as she unlocks the door. He gets in the car and they drive to school.

"Dude! Finally you're here. We thought you were gonna make us late." Lucas complains when he sees Mike walking up to the school. "Blame it on Nancy for not waking me up sooner!" Mike says. Dustin laughs, "Yeah because it's always Nancy's fault your late." Mike looks at him, "it is!" He argued. "Yeah Yeah." Max says, rolling her eyes.

They were in class and today Mikes mind wouldn't stop thinking about Will. He wondered if he was okay, they talked, yeah, but he couldn't always tell if Will meant it when he said he was okay. "Mike?" The teacher said. "Hmm?" He lifts his head up. "The answer to number 9?" The teacher asks. "Uhh.." Mike looks down at his paper. Number 9.. "80.. 6! 86." He says. "Correct." The teacher goes back to talking.

*in California*

"Will?" El said. "Yeah?" He questioned. "Have you asked mom yet?" She asks. He didn't, he didn't know if she would say yes, I mean she already knew he wanted to but he never asked her. "No. Not yet, but I will later!" He said. "Okay." El walked away and went to her locker.

*after school*

Will walked into the house and Joyce was in the living room. El looked at him and gave him the look, telling him to ask her. He had been waiting all day to ask her even if he didn't understand why he had to ask her. Why he had to ask her if they could or ever would move back to Hawkins. He walked over to his mom and sat next to her. "Hey.. mom?" He asked. She looked at him, "yeah sweetie?" She says. He hesitates before talking, "can we or are we ever gonna move back to Hawkins?" He asks her. "I've been thinking.. and I think we should go back actually, all of your friends are there." She told him. "Wait! Really? You're being serious?!!" He started smiling. "Yes." She says, she smiles because of how happy he is. He hugs her and then runs up to El's room. "El! El! El!!" He says as he opens her door. "What-" she gets cut off. "She said yes!" He says. "What?! We have to tell Jonathan!" She says excitedly. "Wait, Jonathan! What about argyle?" Will asks. "Argyle will literally go anywhere Jonathan goes, he basically lives with us." She explains. "You're right actually." Will says. They run to Jonathan's room even though it's not that far away. "Jonathan!" They both yell. "What?!" He says, looking away from whatever him and Argyle were watching. "So um.. we're moving back to Hawkins.."Will says. "Mom said yes?!" He asks. "Yeah." El says. "Wait Argyle, do you wanna come? Since you know you live here." He asks. "Yeah dude." Argyle said.

Will had called Mike which led to Mike telling the whole party. He only told him because now they had a exact date of when.

Three weeks.

———————————————————————————

A/n: sorry if this isn't good! I didn't exactly know what to write!